Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why it's better to be a man than a woman

• 22-04-2008 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

1. We earn more money on average and have better career opportunities.
    2. Society takes us seriously.
    3. We're taller so it's easier to see over crowds at public events.
    4. We can drink more.
    5. We are incapable of getting pregnant or giving birth
    6. Men (who look after themselves) will get better looking with age. Women will not. Sorry ladies but it's true.

Feel free to add more reasons Why is better to be a man than a woman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Flame war \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

/awaits Dudess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Worms eeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyyywhere

Move to Ladies Lounge tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

We can hurl abuse at Oswald Osbourne and no one will tell us it's because we're on our period.

We're not walking timebombs once a month
    We don't worry if our ass looks big in every pair of pants we wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

we can eat cornflakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

3. We're taller so it's easier to see over crowds at public events.

Speak for yourself.

Although surely reason number 1 should be "I have a penis".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

/awaits Dudess
    Lol, first thing I thought of when I saw the thread too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Our brains work on logic.

Perfect example.

Ooh, I've a good example.

Ever hear a guy go "Well they don't actually look like that, that picture has clearly been photoshopped as much as possible, that's not what a real man looks like" regarding a picture of a male model/advertisement? I haven't, yet every single insecure woman will belt it out any time a few guys comment on a model being hot or something. Therefore, we're a lot more secure in ourselves in general. I'd hate to find myself getting jealous of such crap as easily as a woman does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Trilla wrote: »
    we can eat cornflakes

:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Men are not frowned upon for not being all pink and fluffy and crying at the drop of a hat.

Men can speak their mind without being called a bit.ch

Men are not expected to like sex in the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

irishbird wrote: »
    Men are not frowned upon for not being all pink and fluffy and crying at the drop of a hat.

Men can speak their men without being called a bit.ch

Men are no expected to like sex in the city

yuo weally neeed selpl check, eider dat r im msising sometihng

Trilla wrote: »
    yuo weally neeed selpl check, eider dat r im msising sometihng

fixed - typing and talking on the phone at the same time - not good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

We can have sex with as many woman as we can and be called a legand not a slut!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Dunno guys.

Can't women have sex anytime they want? (ok not necessarily always with WHO they want)

Not so for 99% of men. Me being one of that 99% of course unfortunately.

but maybe on the whole, all things considered - I did throw a 6 on the first role of life's dice in becoming a man. Peeing standing up in the great outdoors alone wins it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

We dont need to make stupid lists as to why we are better!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn you Oswald, damn your black heart to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

female/male
    its all about confidence really

*but could a guy get off work for 6mths PAID leave by employer and enforced by government? goodnight, thank you and goodbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Edit: didn't really want to post stupid comments to prolong this stupid thread
    sorry

LouOB wrote: »
    female/male

*but could a guy get off work for 6mths PAID leave by employer and enforced by government? goodnight, thank you and goodbye

probably if they tried hard enough but one thing for sure, it would be me that would be stuck with his work load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

One mood, all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

rb_ie wrote: »
    Ooh, I've a good example.

Ever hear a guy go "Well they don't actually look like that, that picture has clearly been photoshopped as much as possible, that's not what a real man looks like" regarding a picture of a male model/advertisement? I haven't, yet every single insecure woman will belt it out any time a few guys comment on a model being hot or something. Therefore, we're a lot more secure in ourselves in general. I'd hate to find myself getting jealous of such crap as easily as a woman does.

back to FAS girl eh? :)

personally i'd pick peeing standing up FTW :D

anytime , anyplace your caught short. its a life saver, worth kicking the bucket 5years earlier all by itself !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

1)Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.

2)You can go to the bathroom without a support group.

3)You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.

4)If someone forgets to invite you to something, he or she can still be your friend.

5)Your underwear is 10e for a three-pack.

6)Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.

7)Same work, more pay.

8)Gray hair and wrinkles only add character.

9)Wedding dress: 2,000e. Tuxedo rental: 75e.

10)If another guy shows up at the party in the same outfit, you just might become lifelong friends.

11)You are not expected to know the names of more than five colors.

12)The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.

13)Christmas shopping can be accomplished for 25 relatives, on December 24th, in 45 minutes.

14) Not controlled by hormones (except when it comes to sex)

15) Not afraid to piss in public

16) Stronger (in most cases)

18) We dont get pregnant

19) No periods

20) Takes 5 mins to get ready in the morning

21) Are able to take jokes without getting insulted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

"so what"!!!:D

and ....

4)If someone forgets to invite you to something, he or she can still be your friend. (You call that a friend?)

7)Same work, more pay.(im sure the spotty 18 year old working in mc donalds tgotally agrees with you)

8)Gray hair and wrinkles only add character(and i suppose the incontinence and nose hair does too)

11)You are not expected to know the names of more than five colors.(You just set your sex back 100 years)

13)Christmas shopping can be accomplished for 25 relatives, on December 24th, in 45 minutes.(well arent ye thoughtful)

15) Not afraid to piss in public(or get arrested for it)

18) We dont get pregnant(so without women there would be no men!Yes thought so)

21) Are able to take jokes without getting insulted(not when it comes to sports)

that was 8 points you poorly argued against! what about the other 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

The_B_Man wrote: »
    that was 8 points you poorly argued against! what about the other 12?

poorly argued? who was arguing? was just sayn my bits- didnt really care about the rest of them!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This may be completely unrelated but I was just wondering how long a lactating woman could survive in the desert drinking her own milk? Along the lines of people drinking their own wee.

Would it be handy to have a lactating woman during any lost in the desert scenarios?

poorly argued? who was arguing? was just sayn my bits- didnt really care about the rest of them!:rolleyes:

Ye, I was just coddin ya around the plaice.

Either way, boys are better than girls! although, you possess our Kryptonite......yes, I'm talking about your vajayjay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

We're not walking timebombs once a month
    Neither am i and im female - usually nobody even knows -
    We don't worry if our ass looks big in every pair of pants we wear.
    wouldn't buy a pair a jeans unless its givin my booo-tay the admiration it deserves :D

• Advertisement

back to FAS girl eh? :)

personally i'd pick peeing standing up FTW :D

anytime , anyplace your caught short. its a life saver, worth kicking the bucket 5years earlier all by itself !
    I wish it was confined to just the fas girl incident!

Today I got an email forwarded to me from my GF who had it sent to her in work, every single other person who received it was female (judging by the email addresses). It was called "Maybe she's born with it...maybe it's photoshopped!!!" and it had a load of pictures of female celebrities, one shot of them in a photoshoot/advertisement and then beside it they put a picture of the same celeb female without makeup/looking worse for wear.

I mean wtf? How pathetic is that? I would hope I never see guys partaking in such a miserable, jealous activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In fairness, have you seen that Evolution of Beauty video on youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Hmm you say you wouldn't slag someone off out of jealousy. But sounds to me like you men are slagging off us women because you're jealous that we can get sex 1000 times easier than you.

Hmm you say you wouldn't slag someone off out of jealousy. But sounds to me like you men are slagging off us women because you're jealous that we can get sex 1000 times easier than you.
    Um, and then when you avail of that you're tarred as a slut and thereafter are only able to get a lower grade of man due to your reputation.

It's safe to say that men have nothing to be jealous of women about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

LouOB wrote: »
    female/male

:D and yes :D

:D and yes :D
    Lol, 6 months off to clean up a childs shíte, put up with it crying all day, have your nipples sucked raw, lose your normal sleep pattern and basically stress out the entire time, and you're trying to use that as an example of why it's better to be a woman?

Lol! I'd rather be in work that putting up with that shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

we can have jobs that we enjoy

Someone can't get pregnant with our kid, and then force us to become parents against our wishes. If I was a man I would never have sex for this very reason.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Um, and then when you avail of that you're tarred as a slut and thereafter are only able to get a lower grade of man due to your reputation.

It's safe to say that men have nothing to be jealous of women about.

If you are a man whore, a "nice" girl won't want you anyway, so not much difference.

If you are a man whore, a "nice" girl won't want you anyway, so not much difference.
    If you're a man whore you generally don't give a shíte about their personality and only want something that'll look good on your arm.

I know plenty of women who also only want someone who looks good. And whatever the other arguments, women still win because no-one can force parenthood upon us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Men have clear heads in pressure situations whereas women are prone to bouts of irrationality.

I fear for our future if Hillary Clinton gets the nod tbh.

women can dress and act masculine or feminine. We don't have to worry about being beaten up or ridiculed if we act a certain way as much as blokes do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I love the way AH's reaction to a thread on feminism is to have a thread about why men are better than women. Can you say 'insecure'?

I know plenty of women who also only want someone who looks good. And whatever the other arguments, women still win because no-one can force parenthood upon us.
    Lol, you can't "force" parenthood on a man. Some try and end up single mothers going "boo hoo poor me etc".

There's a chance you'll be made to pay child support or something, and there's still a kid of yours out there that you didn't want.

There's a chance you'll be made to pay child support or something, and there's still a kid of yours out there that you didn't want.
    Not if you leave the country you won't. Best way to avoid any run ins with the little accident also.

Well if you were a woman it's something you'd never need to worry about in the first place. Also, in general, women don't smell as bad as men. We can also make ourselves look better with makeup and other tricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Global Warming

Two words

MAN BOOBS

Also, in general, women don't smell as bad as men.

Debatable. As someone else pointed out before, a womans private parts get smelly a lot quicker than mens. And that's what counts.
    We can also make ourselves look better with makeup and other tricks.

Exactly. Without makeup, you wouldn't get men, or at least not the same grade of man and then they'll be gone in the morning when they see what you actually look like ;):p A man can do himself up well and still be the same person you wake up with, which isn't the case for a lot of women.

Jesus, how has this thread ran for so long without Dudess coming in, waving her burning bra at us and going on about girl power more than the f*cking spice girls?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement