Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

@Work with Hangover

• 17-04-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Had literally a case of Carlsberg watching the Old Firm last night, of course when we won I had to keep my promise to our Lord and hit the town.

Sick as a small hospital this morning, any tips for lasting the day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Lucozade sport ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

micmclo wrote: »
    Lucozade sport ftw!

+1 along with an ungodly amount of solphadeine and a few 20 min naps in the bogs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Shop is a bit of walk so I need to plan this trip carefully! Not sure if Lucozade will do the trick, I wonder if they stock anesthetic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Had literally a case of Carlsberg watching the Old Firm last night, of course when we won I had to keep my promise to our Lord and hit the town.

First things first. Your hangover has caused you to exaggerate the amount of drink you had last night. Pighead refuses to believe you had a case of Carlsberg and then headed into town for more drink and then went to work today.

C'mon buddy, Pighead can only help you if you help him. How much did you really drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭heavyheart

AlcaSeltzers !!! Best cure ever !!!! Headache & Tummy sorted in 10 min !! Plus eye drops, get them in any chemist,or boots, to stop your eyes stinging and looking like their gonna fall outta your head :) Plus one of the 20 min naps suggested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Get a large bottle of flavoured water at your desk. Sip all day and let nature do the rest.

This worked for me last Friday - it led to 3 "number 2's", which while unpleasant, did the trick. By the afternoon, i was flying again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Flavoured water for the win!

I feel hungover myself, only got an hour and a half of sleep this morning. I need some flavoured water myself...

It was a 20 box of bottles of Carlsberg, think there was about 5 unopened before I headed to town. Had about 4 pints in the Quays and then I did the walk of shame to Flannery's :(
    This is where things get fuzzy, I remember a few vodkas & whites and a couple of fat frogs (again with the shame).. Next thing I know I'm awake in a world of pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Lucozade Sport, the non carbonated version. Replaces all those electrolytes!

"Electrolyte drinks containing sodium and potassium salts replenish the body's water and electrolyte levels after dehydration caused by exercise, diaphoresis, diarrhea, vomiting or starvation."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

brekkie roll and cuppa cha.

peddle n crank in the disabled toilet.

ice cold bottle of coke.

reddit.com, digg.com, break.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

It was a 20 box of bottles of Carlsberg, think there was about 5 unopened before I headed to town.
    Ya see this is what Pigheads talking about. You kids and your damn exaggerations.
    In the space of 5 minutes Pighead has made you admit that you drank 25% less than you originally claimed. Give Pighead a half hour with Counting Crows and his story will have changed to:

"Had literally a mug of herbal tea watching the Old Firm last night, of course when we won I had to keep my promise to our Lord and hit the bed early.

Fresh as a virgins knickers this morning, don't need any tips for lasting the day"

Yep, just to be sure, the non-fizzy version of Lucozade Sport, it'll get your blood sugar up and solphadeine as mentioned by neacy69

And go for a walk at lunchtime.......if you last that long

3,000 posts, woot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2R1yPakstg

In all fairness, after seeing this ^^^^ I didn't really have any choice except, get drunk as a monkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sherifu, they are nothing but overpriced Vitamin C.

Sure you buy tablets in a chemist for cheaper that that, rip-off tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

micmclo wrote: »
    Sherifu, they are nothing but overpriced Vitamin C.

Sure you buy tablets in a chemist for cheaper that that, rip-off tbh
    There's a lot to be said for placebos.

Just back from the shop.
    Went for a bottle of Lucozade Sport and a Curlywurly. Girl at the till gave me one of those pittyful smiles, think she sensed my pain..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Frequent sips of cool fresh water. Maybe a Berocca as well. Eat some fruit. Go for a good dump. As previously suggested a quick nap in the bogs - just make sure you don't start snoring!

You should've gotten a few kiwi fruits as well.

I've only ever been hungover working in Dunnes once. And never again. Two kids beside me with whistles. Trying to see which one can go the loudest. While their bastard parent was doing some shopping.

It kinda put me off it afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

It was a 20 box of bottles of Carlsberg, think there was about 5 unopened before I headed to town. Had about 4 pints in the Quays and then I did the walk of shame to Flannery's :(
    This is where things get fuzzy, I remember a few vodkas & whites and a couple of fat frogs (again with the shame).. Next thing I know I'm awake in a world of pain

:D
    I think you should request to be banned from Flannerys! It's for your own good!

• Advertisement

Where else do you get that potent mix of loose women and quality music?!
    Journey/Livin On A Prayer and of course, the Flannerys national anthem - Summer of '69!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Mars Bar, Red Bull and a Yop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Mars Bar, Red Bull and a Yop
    That would make me sick regardless of a hangover. Filth.

Lots of water! Lots of sugar!

If you are really suffering you should have mercy on yourself and just go home.

If you are determined to stick it out maybe nip to the pub at lunch for the hair of the dog. You will feel 10 times better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Where else do you get that potent mix of loose women and quality music?!
    Journey/Livin On A Prayer and of course, the Flannerys national anthem - Summer of '69!

Seriously? Worst.songs.ever. And believe me they must be bad for me to use that expression.

Never understood that place. Sweaty country folk pushing against you calling you "horse" for some reason and going mad for songs that old men driving a convertible porshe will bald heads would love.

-Funk

Not exactly my favourite music but everyone loves a few cheesy songs every now and again - right horse? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Got this hangover cure of a doctor friend and it seriously is the business.

You get a pint glass of water and put a beroca and a disolvable disprin and some diorilite into it and knock it back. It seriously works wonders every time.

The beroca gives you the vitamins you need, the disprin cures your head and the diorilite looks after the stomach. You might need to have all the ingrediants the night before though because the thoughts of getting them all with a hangover is never too appealing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

OK, i will point out the obvious.
    More Booze.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Who's Hangover? Never met him. Now, Hair-of-the-Dog, that's a different morning companion after partying all night.

• Advertisement

I'm tempted to keep on celebrating after work...... but the thoughts of a double hangover tomorrow.... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Not exactly my favourite music but everyone loves a few cheesy songs every now and again - right horse? :D

True but try tell that to my mate who's a barman in there. You just have to hum any of those tunes and he starts swinging for you.

-Funk

... Tommy used to work on the docks...

I'm tempted to keep on celebrating after work...... but the thoughts of a double hangover tomorrow.... :eek:

Better save yourself for Glasgow Sunday Week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2R1yPakstg

In all fairness, after seeing this ^^^^ I didn't really have any choice except, get drunk as a monkey!
    What a beauty:)

Post lunch tiredness has kicked in. I miss this morning when I had a sore head and was still a bit tipsy.....

• Advertisement

Post lunch tiredness has kicked in.

But your like that every day!

Are you saying I've got a problem....

I'm worried about the beer supply. After this case, and the other case, there's only one case left!

I blame those 11 Green & White hero's.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

2 bottles of lucozade alert, lots of fruit and water, and learn your lesson :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Are you saying I've got a problem....

I'm worried about the beer supply. After this case, and the other case, there's only one case left!

I blame those 11 Green & White hero's.

Em... Hungover at work, hair of the dog, beer supply worries.
    Will i say it?

caoibhin wrote: »
    Em... Hungover at work, hair of the dog, beer supply worries.
    Will i say it?

I hear ya, need to sort out the beer supply ASAP

• Advertisement

Glad to not be in the same boat mate. A few months back I was however the same and puked my breakfast roll into my office bin. Very embarrassing as 3 people seen me. I stayed the whole day and fell asleep on my lunch. The horror, the horror.

Jebus - thats nasty! Touch wood but luckily there's no sign of me turning into a carrot dispenser just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

bananas then some bacon plenty of water .Listen to some good music a nap will sort you out aswell.I should now as I used to work at 6am used to go to work with no literally no sleep pighead.

Try do that then going out again the next night to do the same thing and to go work again it feels like there is no God.

5.30pm - quitting time
    Finally the nightmare ends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I was fairly wacked going to work monday morning. I got about 5 hours sleep.
    I drank water, thats the best thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm still pretty drunk from last night. The worst thing about it is trying to speak and carry yourself in a sober manner. I'm afraid to get up from my desk for fear that I'll stumble or something

Well I'm fully recovered and looking forward to more debauchery this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I'm still pretty drunk from last night. The worst thing about it is trying to speak and carry yourself in a sober manner. I'm afraid to get up from my desk for fear that I'll stumble or something

I am the same this morning. My boss came in and asked me had I sent an email he had asked me to send yesterday afternoon and in my attempt to sound as chirpy as possible I basically f**ked up the entire sentence by stuttering and slurring. It was completely incomprehensible. Very embarrassing. :o

Ahhhhhh, another Thursday and another hangover :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Ahhhhhh, another Thursday and another hangover :mad:

Well you know what to do now:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement