Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge gap in estate agents asking price

Options
  • 16-09-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I met with two estate agents as I am planning on selling my house, however there is a €30k difference in what they would market it at and both think they will sell it no bother.. can anyone advise why? Both very reputable...

Any recommendations for an estate agent around Ennis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I am at the other side of the fence buying and found it a nightmare. But if I was selling the only 2 I would use are Costelloes and Location Location. The others showed no interest in selling and found them both smug and condescending. Good luck with your endeavors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

From my experience of auctioneers, I've found that when you're selling some auctioneers give an over generous valuation so they have a good chance of being selected as selling agent. Do a bit of research on their websites, look at what they've sold and check the property price register for houses in your area.

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/pprweb.nsf/page/ppr-home-en

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Thanks for your help, the first estate agents pricing is relative to the area and our house is considerably more modern new kitchen new hearing new plumbing recently. Second estate agent selling similar house not half as nice or renovated for €40k more.. Got a feeling he was more interstellar in a quick sale had sold a house 3 months ago for asking price in 1 week.:had 5 viewings first day it went up to me that seems house was under valued!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

blowin3 wrote: »
    I am at the other side of the fence buying and found it a nightmare. But if I was selling the only 2 I would use are Costelloes and Location Location. The others showed no interest in selling and found them both smug and condescending. Good luck with your endeavors anyway.

I second this. Having had experience with a number of auctioneers in the past if I was selling I would go with Costelloes. I've only dealt with Carraig Maleady (Location Location) from a property rental management perspective but found them very helpful.

Does anyone have any experience of DNG OSullivan Hurley? Oh and why do you think costelloe are so good? I am naive in thinking it's in all their interest to sell it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I've always found 'Green Valley Properties' very fair & reasonable.

angelic123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of DNG OSullivan Hurley? Oh and why do you think costelloe are so good? I am naive in thinking it's in all their interest to sell it ?
    DNG I found arrogant I pointed out that a house 2 doors down had been sold for 25k less than the one I was looking at 6 weeks earlier. He smiled and said nicer decor in this one so I moved on. I just found the two I mentioned were sales people but also helpful and tried to help in all aspects of what is and can be a stressful time buying or selling a home. I bought off of one them but will say no more not wanting to identify myself. But Noel Costelloes or Tom in Location Location are the two I would deal with again. In saying that Sherry Fitzgerald were good to deal with in their shop but other than that I can't comment on.

I guess everyone has a diff experience. Those of you who bought did you find the agents were slow to reply to you?

angelic123 wrote: »
    I guess everyone has a diff experience. Those of you who bought did you find the agents were slow to reply to you?

I think angelic you asked for recommendations and I and another gave the same two names. I have bought and no agents even the two I have recommended rarely contact you. Once you pay your deposit its up to solicitors than to do their magic now theres a tread I do not want to get into, another can of worms literally.But you have to chase the agents in all aspects of the sale I do not understand it but thats the way it is.:D

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭golfball37

In the market at the moment and I find the Ennis agencies to be dreadful in the main. Cannot answer basic questions about the property and don't return phone calls.

Of course there are 1 or 2 exceptions but this has been my general experience for the last 6 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement