Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late late show audience member

• 18-05-2014 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi everyone, me and my partner have been fortunate enough to get tickets for the late late show 23rd may:) wondering would anyone know a few things .. Anyone who has maybe been before or knows someone or the like ?

Firstly I have been told to arrive at 8-8:30pm for wine reception, just wondering should we arrive much earlier due to crowding or anything?

Anyone know what this wine reception is like . Is it one small glass each and then ushered into studio ?

What is the likelihood me and my partner won't be seated together? It stated in email that this could happen

When the show is over is it all out of studio? Or does anything happen after??

Can we use toilet in ad breaks?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions can't find any info online at all and just want to be prepared!! Also if anyone does have any of the answers to these questions, any other useful info would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Not for the late late but for other shows, so I'd assume the same:

Arrive the time they suggest.
    You'll be in a longish room with high tables (like bar tables).
    Someone pours wine at a kind of a bar thingie. It's been plastic glasses any time I've been in rte but maybe for the late late they spring for glass :D Doubt it though...
    I'd think it'd be v unlikely you'll be split up...but I suppose it could happen...
    After the show it is over and home!
    No toilet breaks I'd imagine unless emergency!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭lauraelaine

Cool thanks for reply :)
    I don't drink wine, so no toilet breaks shouldn't really be a problem for me :D

They do soft drinks as well iirc.

Enjoy! Hope you get some good guests!

Thanks a lot :)
    And some good freebies too haha ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

amdublin wrote: »
    Someone pours wine at a kind of a bar thingie. It's been plastic glasses any time I've been in rte but maybe for the late late they spring for glass :D Doubt it though...
    I'd think it'd be v unlikely you'll be split up...but I suppose it could happen...
    After the show it is over and home!
    No toilet breaks I'd imagine unless emergency!

Still the small plastic glasses, and we were told specifically that we would have to bring our glasses back to be refilled, they would not give us fresh glasses!

Try and go to the toilet before the show, they really don't like you going in the breaks. You might not get back in.

• Advertisement

Oh I thought it would just be the one drink each anyway !
    Partner will be glad of the refill :P
    Is it just wine or soft drinks, yea?

Oh I thought it would just be the one drink each anyway !
    Partner will be glad of the refill :P
    Is it just wine or soft drinks, yea?

I think they have water, I'm not sure what else.There is definitely at least one non-alcoholic alternative.

The wine isn't great but at least it's free

You should come on the Late Late Show Thread after your visit (or here) and let us know how you got on.

Thanks a lot :D

Yea il defo visit the Lls forum afterwards :D

Thanks a lot :D

Yea il defo visit the Lls forum afterwards :D

That's good, I hope you enjoy the Show. I was at the Saturday Night Show last night, it was good fun

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90440029&postcount=172

Oh cool !! Have never been to anything like this before so quite looking forward to it :) thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Bring your happy pills. You'll need it after the cancer/horrible illness/dead child spot to get you through the interview with some nobody socialite/footballer wife.

hmmm wrote: »
    Bring your happy pills. You'll need it after the cancer/horrible illness/dead child spot to get you through the interview with some nobody socialite/footballer wife.

Horrible comment

Horrible comment

Oh dear...you don't watch the lls very often do you.

Prepare yourself, it follows a very similar slant every week:
    Famous(ish) person
    Rte person with book out or else rte person with new show
    Misery slot (sick/dying/dead)
    Music from famous(ish) person/band
    Random rte person

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh dear...you don't watch the lls very often do you.

Prepare yourself, it follows a very similar slant every week:
    Famous(ish) person
    Rte person with book out or else rte person with new show
    Misery slot (sick/dying/dead)
    Music from famous(ish) person/band
    Random rte person

I do watch it.
    Just didn't see any reason for that comment as it is clearly not the info I requested.
    And regardless I am looking forward to it :)

I do watch it.
    Just didn't see any reason for that comment as it is clearly not the info I requested.
    And regardless I am looking forward to it :)

That's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

How much do RTE pay people to be part of the audience? Obviously it would mean giving up your evening and missing the Graham Norton Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Cool thanks for reply :)
    I don't drink wine, so no toilet breaks shouldn't really be a problem for me :D

You will be fine with regard to the toilets.

I was offered a couple of standby tickets not so long ago and presumed we wouldn't get a seat so myself and my mate made sure we took full advantage of the wine. Then we were given a couple of seats (together).

After about 10 mins I was dying for a wee and just went during the ad break along with many others.

There were even a few people leaving to go during the filming!

You will be fine, don't worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

manlad wrote: »
    How much do RTE pay people to be part of the audience? Obviously it would mean giving up your evening and missing the Graham Norton Show.

I can see your point but I have to say that the one night that I attended the LLS it was great. I think we were lucky as it was the night of the Brendan Grace tribute and Michael Buble was on as well as Rob Brydon.

We even had Dickie Rock and Ronan Collins doing an impromptu version of Suspicious Minds during the break!

Not everyone's cup of tea but we had a great evening.

However, the proof is in the pudding. I havent watched the LLS once for more than 30 minutes this season. I think that the most I watched was Tom Gilmartin's son's interview on RTE Player. Graham Norton's show is hugely more entertaining.

dixiefly wrote: »
    I can see your point but I have to say that the one night that I attended the LLS it was great. I think we were lucky as it was the night of the Brendan Grace tribute and Michael Buble was on as well as Rob Brydon.

We even had Dickie Rock and Ronan Collins doing an impromptu version of Suspicious Minds during the break!

Not everyone's cup of tea but we had a great evening.

However, the proof is in the pudding. I havent watched the LLS once for more than 30 minutes this season. I think that the most I watched was Tom Gilmartin's son's interview on RTE Player. Graham Norton's show is hugely more entertaining.

And what freebies dd u get :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,259 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

OP, are you a fan of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

OP, are you a fan of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum? ;)

Live on screen in studio. Pre-recorded?

Live on screen in studio. Pre-recorded?

Leg-breaker Tubridy cryptically could neither confirm or deny they would be on Friday's show...most likely to be pre-recorded if they are.

Leg-breaker Tubridy cryptically could neither confirm or deny they would be on Friday's show...most likely to be pre-recorded if they are.

Doubt it they r flying in Friday so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

There is only one "late late show audience member" :eek:

creepystare-300x300.jpg

CPL 593H

Their Dublin premiere is on Friday Evening, so they might well be live.

How is that a useful comment?

Someone comes on asking about the LLS audience and you start ranting about another programme? Which, incidentally, is repeated about 26 times during the week. :rolleyes:

Fukkin delighted with the line up folks :):)

Lookin forward to an amazing night :)

Fukkin delighted with the line up folks :):)

Lookin forward to an amazing night :)

Have a good one :)

''So Channing, are you related to the O'Tatum's from Ballincollig?''

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

You're in for a treat - I heard Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are going to be on it!!! Hopefully it's not a pre-recorded interview.

You're in for a treat - I heard Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are going to be on it!!! Hopefully it's not a pre-recorded interview.

Yea they are :) and I don't think its pre recorded either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lucky you!
    I had Brendan Grace and some people on talking about Angels when I went.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's an experience.
    Not many people get the chance to sit in a TV studios and see how things work.
    I got tickets for myself, my parents and my aunt for the experience. Wouldn't do it again, but it was interesting all the same.

I also got my face on TV :)
    (Note: I do not wear glasses. :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Some audience members are great. Like last week there was a girl in the audience who was really trying not laugh or smile because they were taking about homeless. They should just stick the camera on the audience for the duration of the show, because that would be more interesting.

You got some great guests lauraelaine :)

Don't forgetnto come back in here and give us a little trip report :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Hi everyone, me and my partner have been fortunate enough to get tickets for the late late show 23rd may:) wondering would anyone know a few things .. Anyone who has maybe been before or knows someone or the like ?

Firstly I have been told to arrive at 8-8:30pm for wine reception, just wondering should we arrive much earlier due to crowding or anything?

Anyone know what this wine reception is like . Is it one small glass each and then ushered into studio ?

What is the likelihood me and my partner won't be seated together? It stated in email that this could happen

When the show is over is it all out of studio? Or does anything happen after??

Can we use toilet in ad breaks?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions can't find any info online at all and just want to be prepared!! Also if anyone does have any of the answers to these questions, any other useful info would be much appreciated :)

you want to go to the LLS? sorry for your troubles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Larianne wrote: »
    Lucky you!
    I had Brendan Grace and some people on talking about Angels when I went.
    :mad:

Ya thats highly unlikely ever to happen again is it.

I see dead people waaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If Tubridy is anything like Gay Byrne was you might get a little speech about trying not to make it a long trickle of people to the toilets and try to make it a little trickle.
    You might be lucky and one of the guests might be giving away free stuff.
    Linford Christie gave away an Olympic Pack the one and only time I was there.
    I seem to remember they tell you not to make faces at the camera or they will quickly move the camera and they wont show you again.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mr. Talk

I have applied for 4 tickets. I can only apply once every year and this is my first time. What are the odds of me being picked out by random?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭brian_t

Mr. Talk wrote: »
    What are the odds of me being picked out by random?

Impossible to say without knowing the total of number of people who have applied for tickets and the number of tickets been given out over the season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

furiousox wrote: »
    There is only one "late late show audience member" :eek:

creepystare-300x300.jpg

And thanks to those spoilsports at RTE you can't watch this anymore.They should have him on every week and leave the viewers guessing as to when he appears.In the middle of Twinks monthly appearence all of a sudden sinister music and creepy audience man does his stuff to the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

I've entered for the show. Do people get notified around now if they are successful or do RTE just contact you at short notice that you won tickets for a certain night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

won tickets for this.....somebody else applied i can't stand the show. However, the freebies are enticing, can't find the history of them online thought to see if their worth going for? anyone any incite into what's normally given out? it's not like 2 days in cavan(no offence) or something is it?

NickMondo wrote: »
    won tickets for this.....somebody else applied i can't stand the show. However, the freebies are enticing, can't find the history of them online thought to see if their worth going for? anyone any incite into what's normally given out? it's not like 2 days in cavan(no offence) or something is it?

Imo the prizes tend to be two nights away in cities - Galway, Cork etc.
    Or "pamper packages" or hampers of products.

Here is some info from when I was in the lls audience:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057293738

Ugh yikes, I don't how why somebody applied for me to go to this. But a box set and hamper.....not exactly oprah. Cheers for the info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Mr. Remote Control

In my day, on arrival, you were given a box of Jacobs USA Biscuits and a bottle of beer. I just made that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

To answer those questions, I'd need a free house on Vico Rd. (one going spare atm), and some sort of pill to keep me awake for the duration of the show.
    Maybe a free woman to stop from attacking Kenny (he is still the host, right ?).

...Kenny (he is still the host, right ?).

I f***ing wish he was!!

Tickets aren't transferable either i'd imagine?

NickMondo wrote: »
    Tickets aren't transferable either i'd imagine?

I f***ing wish they were!!

Apologies for my profuse language.

hi all,
    when we went may last year guests were amazing, however freebies were woeful!!
    a hamper of love heart sweets and love heart merchandise pure crap!
    also tickets to the taste of dublin, i think it was called .. we didnt attend!! haha
    every time i have watched it since the freebies have been 100x better so you may well get lucky!!

also the boyfriend is from cavan so extremely relieved to have not got the 2 nights in cavan as mentioned above ;)

Good stuff, if I heard of one decent freebie it would help, love hate box set and that doesn't sound worth it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement