Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Religious Hatred in North Wales

Options
  • 24-04-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭

And no, it's not the muslims this time....!
    A man posing as Darth Vader attacked a Star Wars fan, who had founded a Jedi Church, a court has heard.

Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, from Holyhead, Anglesey, admitted assaulting Barney Jones and cousin Michael with a metal crutch. They suffered minor injuries.

Hughes, who was drunk and dressed in a black bin bag, shouted "Darth Vader!"

Earlier, when Hughes failed to arrive on time, District Judge Andrew Shaw issued an arrest warrant, adding: "I hope the force will soon be with him."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/north_west/7360871.stm

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

May the crutch be with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Poor fella was just trying to find his lost son who these Jedi kidnapped for training.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

HO HO HO HO HO

/deep breath, drool

HO HO HO HO HO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

If he was true believer he would have felt his presents :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Earlier, when Hughes failed to arrive on time, District Judge Andrew Shaw issued an arrest warrant, adding: "I hope the force will soon be with him."

that just seems like a fun guy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A fun time judge, hurray.

Does the Jedi church wear any religious garb, or is it just the normal clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Does the Jedi church wear any religious garb, or is it just the normal clothes?

As long as I get my Lightsaber who gives a ****!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It says he assaulted him with a metal crutch; maybe it should have read 'mental'. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

'She added that Hughes hit Barney Jones over the head with the crutch, leaving him with a headache.'
    +
    'He then laughed and hit Michael Jones in the thigh, causing bruising.'

lol, these arent Jedi's... a headache? a dead leg? pfft :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement