Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disgusting joyriding scum - When are the government going to lock these up (video inc

• 24-04-2008 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=6119878323&

This is just an absolute, I find it so depressing and frustrating to watch this video, scummy little inbreds. You can just picture some chap probably in his mid 20's who worked hard to buy this Mazda Rx7 (probably standing him 10-15grand), getting up every morning to go to work and pay his way and buy a decent car for himself and then it getting stolen and burned out from these absolute misfits.

The amount of cars being stolen in the past 3 months is an absolute joke, a lot of folks dont hear about it or arent aware of just how bad this car robbing has become. A lot of young peoples cars are stolen and its sort of ignored to an extent, young people tend not to complain/report as much as older people. If 10 Audi A4'd or passats were stolen tomorrow it can be guaranteed these middle aged owners would be on the radio, hounding for action, etc... But because its mostly youngsters cars stolen to an extend it sort of gets passed over.

The government need to sort this problem out, tougher jail sentences are needed, if you're caught robbing a car or in a stolen car joy-riding it should be 2/3years jail minimum. There are lads with over 50 convictions for car crime walking the streets, these scumbags should be in jail for 5 -10 years.

It is so demeaning and depressing for a person that is working honestly to have their car stolen and burned in the manner above and then see the justice system pass it off as petty crime to keep statistics down and then for the culprit to be given a trivial sentence. There is nothing petty about having your property stolen, and thrashed by scum that should be i njail and then buned out. Where is the justice for the working person? I personnally believe this country is becomming more and more of a joke by the day, threr is basically no law in this country, a scummer knows he will get away with destroying another persons car, thats how bad it is. Its depressing and demeaning to the average honest working person. There are scumbags posting videos all over bebo of their "crimes" and setting up bebo sites full of stolen cars and pictures of cars they see in their area and plan to steal, etc. Its disgusting and disgraceful that people are expected to put up with this because the government will not put them in jail.

What can be done to get jail sentences increased to what they should be, do we need to make noise, stir up a fuss with the government or political parties to get this topic the attention it needs. Do young people need to get involved in their local party and get voting on a review of the justice system in this country, if the majority of the people in this country want jail sentences for joy-riding increased; does this mean there should be a vote on how long sentences should be and let the people vote what is an appropriate sentence?

Please discuss! :(:mad::(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Nuttzyy wrote: »
    http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=6119878323&

young people tend not to complain/report as much as older people.

Eh? why wouldnt somebody report their car being stolen???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Nuttzyy

Well obviously most do report their cars stolen, but in some of them really bad estates a person may not report a car stolen if its not of much value and are afraid.
    Some might feel intimidated.
    I suppose what i meant to say is young people in particular dont seem to get taken as serious as older people, the guards dont seem to act anyway swift when a car is reported stolen. Them types of cars are easily seen. But im not just talking about sports cars, any ones car to be stolen by them scummers is a disgrace.

Is that the only thing you could add/pick out of the post, yeah?

Heres a picture of how the car ended up. Its an absolute disgrace.

Ps: I got this link and picture off another forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah ya know there just hardddddddd bud,nothin wrung wit dat nw is der,ya mad yoke...............:rolleyes:

There all f*cking little scummers....where were the parents,or any adults for that matter?! Had to be someone around in a big estate like that! Although prob all inbread c*unts who wouldn't do anything bout it anyway!!:mad::mad:

Nuttzyy wrote: »
    Well obviously most do report their cars stolen, but in some of them really bad estates a person may not report a car stolen if its not of much value and are afraid.
    Some might feel intimidated. .

But what about the insurance?? the tax??? it MUST be reported as stolen, are they going to continue paying road tax and insurance on a car they no longer have??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My guess is that even if the local denizens did call the Gardai, they wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to respond. Low priority crime.

Now, I might be wrong, but since I'm in Kentucky right now, I might actually be able to legally shoot someone who tries to steal my car...

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Old cars should be filled with these scumbags and then burnt out, win win.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Little knackers.

Tbh, you want to rob a car and joyride it? Fine, get tried as an adult, seeing as only adults are meant to be driving cars. Let them serve jail time with adults and see how they get on with it. They'll inevitably end up in mountjoy or similar anyway later on in life, why not give them a taste of it when it'll do the most damage? Who cares if they're beaten up in there, or raped by lonely inmates, I could give a f*ck, they're the shít of society. Should they be given equal opportunities in life, after proving themselves to be such scum? No, f*ck em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I work in security and one night some scum bags tried to rob a car here. As soon as they saw me they ran off. I then rang the cops when I told them what happened and that they were running up the road all I was told was by the time they got to where we were they would be gone then they hung up the phone!!!!!!! I then had to follow them myself and managed to get a reg. number of the car they were driving, as luck would have it it was there own car. Had to rings cops again and gave them the number I also had to cover up the car as well to save any prints on the door as I was told no one could check it for two days. Anyways they did arrest them I then found out they admitted to 30 more cars and the cops said they knew about them. After all that it took them over 6 months to get back to me for a statment.
    Has it gone that bad now that we will soon have to catch the criminals ourselfs before anything will be done.

leave a piece of timber with sharpened nails sticking out of it hidden under a fake seat cover and plant the car somewhere it is likely to be robbed!

lacerated flesh ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The video is almost 5 minutes long, where were the Gardai?
    That's grand though, if I ever want to steal someones car I know I have a good 5 minutes of burning the shít out of it up and down the same road before anyone arrives to stop me (if anyone does)... and I'd be cheered on too by the looks of it.
    What kind of example is that to set?

Though on ballance here's a youtue vid of a joyrider getting caught: (NSFW-bad language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfotQEnQRLw
    Might cheer you up OP. (or depress you further :D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Apart from the fact that someone's car just got a bit banged up, I found that last video strangely satisfying...

Shame they stopped videoing before the beat-down commenced. Might have been even more satisfying.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i hope the f*ckers all get locked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's grand though, if I ever want to steal someones car I know I have a good 5 minutes of burning the shít out of it up and down the same road before anyone arrives to stop me (if anyone does)... and I'd be cheered on too by the looks of it.

Though on ballance here's a youtue vid of a joyrider getting caught: (NSFW-bad language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfotQEnQRLw
    Might cheer you up OP. (or depress you further :D)
    Brilliant!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Some abuse the Garda are getting there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

There used to be great courses in mechanics and driving, which were offered to kids in suburbs where there was a joyriding problem. You had to be 'clean' to qualify (if you were joyriding, you couldn't get on the course).

When the courses were available, the joyriding disappeared, or sank away to the point where it was invisible. The kids got a useful qualification, in something they loved.

What happened? Funding was withdrawn. In the wealthiest times of the Celtic Tiger.

Now, I bet, the response will be "We need more funding" - but not for these courses. No, for extra gardai.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of a country we're running at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f55_1195867009

There was a good video posted a while back of police in Russia I think beating the crap out of two joyriders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

At a well known area in Dublin surrounded by very well known flats while working outdoors I had the pleasure of witnessing 40 minutes of joyriding. This involved high speeds and doughnuts right along where the children played, using some earth banks and ramps to see how far they could get it airborne and finally using the now very beat up car to see how much damage they could do to the brand new toddlers playground.

Cops came and the lads jumped out of the car, walked 20 yards away and sat down. They left 2 minutes later and the lads burned the car in the middle of the playground.

So you think 5 minutes is bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

At a well known area in Dublin surrounded by very well known flats while working outdoors I had the pleasure of witnessing 40 minutes of joyriding. This involved high speeds and doughnuts right along where the children played, using some earth banks and ramps to see how far they could get it airborne and finally using the now very beat up car to see how much damage they could do to the brand new toddlers playground.

Cops came and the lads jumped out of the car, walked 20 yards away and sat down. They left 2 minutes later and the lads burned the car in the middle of the playground.

So you think 5 minutes is bad?

What part of Ballymun was that?

There's a place that is notorious in Galway for boy racers. The gardai have never once stopped them despite their being there every night. It seems like vigilante groups are the only way to stop this menace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Its happened a few times around my area, and my estate is pretty quite, most of the time the cars end up in the dodder burnt out. And the garda don't really bother looking into it, i have a rough idea who it is, and they seem to be doing it all the time. Its not nice waking up in the morning to go to work and find that your car is gone and already burnt out.

Advertisement