Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strat???

• 22-02-2005 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

looking at gettin a strat lads. anyone have any advice whats good whats not playing kinda power rock with it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Everybody should have one :)

The single coils don't really do it for more rocky tones, though a friend of mine has a strat with a humbucker (HSS) in the bridge and the S1 switch in the volume knob (which makes it into a single coil when you need the real Strat quack).

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0117000#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

hey doc this is johnny baggios mate from the boardstock gig.. did your mate get that strat from the factory like that or did he mod it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

What Doctor J said!

Also.. Are you going for a 'real' strat, or a copy? If you're open to suggestion, I'd say go with a Jap fender rather than a US one. I've played both and the Japanese ones kick ass. Just my opinion of course.. Make sure you try a few out before you buy.

But yeah, they're great guitars!

Kev.

ah yeah a real strat.. might look at the jap ones alright was thinkin that they looked slightly better.. by the way doc i forgot to click the link on your post and i have seen the specs since my last post.. sorry :)

No problem :)

Nice, guitars, really nice, what more can be said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

The Strat is the sine qua non, the quintessence, the mother of all guitars.

IMO, of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

Strats are great, very versatile instruments and those jap ones really are excellent. However for heavier stuff I'd be more inclined to go with my Les Paul.

yeah i had a gibson sg and was lookin at les pauls a while ago but i just don't like the neck on gibsons.. i have a telecaster with a maple neck and it nearly plays itself gonna go for a maple neck strat methinks

Try the usual place, http://www.chrisguitars.com/fender.html for a 2nd hand bargain or you'll find some exotic beauties on Ishibashi though I don't think they have the S1 switches, they're on the American series only.

Still, who wouldn't want one of these? Bless you Fender, Japan, bless you :)

st5782tx.jpg

anyone every bought anything off the 2 sites doctor j mentioned above???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

Used Ishibashi to order a jazz bass just before christmas, had no hassle with them, koichi was a pleasure to deal with! Got the bass within a week and its amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

I got a strat from Ishibashi a couple of weeks ago, there great. I haven't bought anything myself from Chris but plenty of people here have and have had nothing but good things to say. Tbh you can't really go wrong with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

jcoote wrote:
    anyone every bought anything off the 2 sites doctor j mentioned above???
    Not yet - but I have tried to buy two guitars off Chrisguitars.com. Both times they were already sold but he had not updated his site (he is a small one man and a dog operation apparently).
    My advice if you really want one of his guitars is to phone (not email) ASAP.
    (PS I'm good at giving advice but bad at doing it myself)

Advertisement