Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seymour Duncan Pickups...

Options
  • 18-02-2005 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I wanna replace the bridge pickup in my Tele, and I'm pretty certain I want to get a Seymour Duncan (the neck pickup is a single coil S.D., but I'm not sure what model 'cos it's a second hand guitar!), but I really don't know much about them. I've heard the "Vintage" range are quiet good, and not overpriced.

My budget's around €150 or so, but not desperately higher. The reason I'm asking you guys is cos (a) a whole shedload of you really know you're stuff, and (b) it's very difficult to "try out" pick-ups.

By the by, my discounted AC30 TBX should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll let y'all know how it sounds... ;-)

-S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Look at http://www.guitarelelectronics.com for Seymour Duncan pickups. For €150 you can afford just about anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

What sort of tone are you going for? Vintage will be a sweet sounding pickup, but with low output compared to modern pickup outputs. If you're planning on distorting it, you may be a little let down by the output of a vintage, if not, it should be a winner.

Advertisement