Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst nightmare ever..

• 27-12-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I Dreamed I was having Christmas dinner with Brian Cowan AND George Hook:eek::eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

.. and then if Cowen turned into yore ma, we must've been dreaming the same nightmare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Godsentme wrote: »
    I Dreamed I was having Christmas with Brian Cowan AND George Hook:eek::eek:

I'm so glad you said Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is Christmas your code word for threesome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I Dreamed I was having Christmas with Brian Cowan AND George Hook:eek::eek:

Thats not that bad, I am sure we could make it worse.
    I Dreamed I was having Christmas with bening spit roasted by Brian Cowan AND George Hook:eek::eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I Dreamed I was having Christmas dinner with Brian Cowan AND George Hook put a 15 kg Turkey in my arse:eek::eek:

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

^^

Ah now:(A 15lb. turkey is pushing it a bit:rolleyes:

PLUS:

(You realize that only for me there would be none of these festivities at all???)

ORLY?

So which god was that then and who/what are you claiming to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The IMF taking over, imagine that....:rolleyes:

Thaedydal wrote: »
    ORLY?

So which god was that then and who/what are you claiming to be?

The god who could strike you down,T and I am the one he sent to try and save the likes of you. One word from me and you never type again. hows that for starters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

The god who could strike you down,T and I am the one he sent to try and save the likes of you. One word from me and you never type again. hows that for starters?

Excuse me... Who is this imposter?

Since when did you usurp My Position?:D:):eek::mad:

• Advertisement

DS333 wrote: »
    Excuse me... Who is this imposter?

Since when did you usurp My Position?:D:):eek::mad:

Ok. just for the craic, you go out and check the cigarette lighter in your car.

That surprised ya i'd say!!:cool:

What will happen if I do deign to go out and check it?...:confused:

Are you trying to fool the Almighty?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Listening to people's nightmares is only slightly more tolerable than listening to their dreams.

Because at least when you hear their nightmares you have some ammunition on what freaks the fecker out that you can use to your advantage if you ever have to torture them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Stuck in a lift with a bunch of yummie mummies talking posh to their kids!

Nolanger wrote: »

YOU'RE IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well to start with it's certainly made me giggle.
    Tell Loki I said hi when your next conversing with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Have you ever had a dream of this man?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/this-man-ever-dream-this-man

Nolanger wrote: »

Have you escaped yet?

If you haven't, say something obnoxiously snobbish into your phone so they overhear.

I once had to deal with a "pony girl" who went on and on about fox-hunting. When I could take no more I said in a nonchalant drawl, 'My daddy says that hunting's never been the same since the middle classes were let join in.' Never heard about hunting or horses again. Needless to say, my father never held such sentiments, but it worked at the time.

Was I right or was I right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i always have this nightmare, i get sucked from my bed out the window n over the walls to noel's dingy workshed at the end of the lane. n i get sucked under the door, n theres this ****in ghost playing old ragtime on a ramshackle piano

When I was a kid I had this recurring nightmare that a man came into the house at night with a labrador and a crow on his shoulder. He used to kill all my family and I used to lie among their corpses pretending to be dead, hoping he wouldn't find out that I was alive and kill me.

Think of the shock and horror when, a few years later, our new music teacher walked into the classroom and was that man, down to the clothes he was wearing - minus the dog and the crow, of course. I can't remember now whether I ever had the dream again after that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

When I was a kid I had this recurring nightmare that a man came into the house at night with a labrador and a crow on his shoulder. He used to kill all my family and I used to lie among their corpses pretending to be dead, hoping he wouldn't find out that I was alive and kill me.

Think of the shock and horror when, a few years later, our new music teacher walked into the classroom and was that man, down to the clothes he was wearing - minus the dog and the crow, of course. I can't remember now whether I ever had the dream again after that...
    Mad skills to get a Labrador AND a crow on his shoulder.

To my undying shame I have to confess that I couldn't stand it any longer and went out to the car! :rolleyes:

Will I ever live it down?!:eek:

I even turned the damn thing on!!:confused:

What was the surprise, though, apart from the fact that you HAVE usurped my position.:o:o:o

OisinT wrote: »
    Mad skills to get a Labrador AND a crow on his shoulder.

:D:D:D

The lab was on the ground. The nightmare was bad enough as it was.
    Perhaps a comma after the labrador...?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

This is actually true.

A few years ago at election time I was living in Lucan. Mary Harney was the Local TD and she was everywhere. TV , radio and newspapers and canvassing everywhere.

One night I had a dream that I was 16 years old again and Mary Harney was my ma. I woke up. Scary enough having a Mary Harney dream.

The following evening I come in from work and the phone rings and I answer it. The voice at the other end goes " Hello , this is Mary Harney" .......spooky or what. Real Stephen King territory.

Was it really an automated telephone thingy ringing local voters and mere coincidence , or was it something far more sinsister.

Whatever it was, I have never looked at Mary Harney quite the same ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

I often have dreams that I die, it just comes about really quickly, Im lying in bed and bang everything goes black.........and Im like **** Im dead.

a bit like in the sopranos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

I often have dreams that I die, it just comes about really quickly, Im lying in bed and bang everything goes black.........and Im like **** Im dead.

a bit like in the sopranos

that happens 2 me every 24 hours.. isnt it called falling asleep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

:D:D:D

The lab was on the ground. The nightmare was bad enough as it was.
    Perhaps a comma after the labrador...?...
    No, you're right... it's just a quirk of the English language :D

To my undying shame I have to confess that I couldn't stand it any longer and went out to the car! :rolleyes:

Will I ever live it down?!:eek:

I even turned the damn thing on!!:confused:

What was the surprise, though, apart from the fact that you HAVE usurped my position.:o:o:o

I KNEW you would!!:D:D:D

The surprise? Well your car was supossed to be

Star Bingo wrote: »
    i always have this nightmare, i get sucked from my bed out the window n over the walls to noel's dingy workshed at the end of the lane. n i get sucked under the door, n theres this ****in ghost playing old ragtime on a ramshackle piano

I got sucked out of my bed once in new orleans. She had lips like a hoover;)

But how did you get your roger under the door??

• Advertisement

I KNEW you would!!:D:D:D

The surprise? Well your car was supossed to be

I'm obviously no longer omniscient either, but why was my car supposed to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There's nothing worse than dreaming that you're in work only to get up and actually go to work. :(

That_Guy wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than dreaming that you're in work only to get up and actually go to work. :(

there is! see OP again!:D

I'm obviously no longer omniscient either, but why was my car supposed to be?

GONE! But i guess dad is busy....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

My worst nightmare consisted of me and the wife having to move in with her mother (a woman who could try the patience of any man). Luckily it was only a nightmare !! :).

Funnily enough, since that nightmare a couple of years back we have gotten on really well (the mother in law and I that is) ....maybe these nightmare can be a wee bit cathartic? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

I once had a nightmare where I was being attacked by these people (cant remember), but when I woke up I was strangling my gf... she was like OMG OMG please dont kill me.

I swear thats how it happened, your honour.

• Advertisement

GONE! But i guess dad is busy....:D

If Dad is busy, he's not who he says he is...

as he rushes out to check his car is still there.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

And then I dreamt I was in the jacuzzi
    With that auld whore in no. 10
    And then I knew I'd never ever

If Dad is busy, he's not who he says he is...

as he rushes out to check his car is still there.:D:D:D
    Been away for a while DS. lot of soul searching to do. Not My own, obviously, but the likes of Ivor, Bertie, Benny 16. You know the type. Bad people. There will be blood I'm afraid.

Been away for a while DS. lot of soul searching to do. Not My own, obviously, but the likes of Ivor, Bertie, Benny 16. You know the type. Bad people. There will be blood I'm afraid.

If it isn't his lordship. I hope the soul-searching was successful.

If things don't change for the better, the French Revolution will look like a tiny spark compared to the conflagration that will ensue. It will go global.

But... They're asking for it, the fools...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I Dreamed I was having Christmas dinner with Brian Cowan AND George Hook:eek::eek:

I had a worse nightmare, dreamt I was having Christmas dinner with the OP :p

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I had a worse nightmare, dreamt I was having Christmas dinner with the OP :p
    You could do a lot worse. i have been known to change water into a decent wine in my day....

(By the way, just check your left rear indicator......);)

Advertisement