Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype / laptop question

Options
  • 27-02-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi there,
    First of all I have to say that I am not technical at all, I can barely use a digital camera.
    Ok so I am living in Italy and have an (old) laptop, I live with a family, Au Pair and they own it. Its is a Toshiba, about 4 yrs old I think.
    I have just installed Skype but there seems to be a problem with the speakers and or the mike, does anyone know how I check if it has both?? I am lost. I have set volume to high but don't know what else to do!
    Do I need to put a headset??
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Go to the audio settings in Skype TOOLS>OPTIONS>Audio Settings.

What options are available in the Mike & Speaker settings in the drop down list for both?

There is a little green play button next to the speaker settings, are you getting any sound from that?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭carrieb

Yes! Am getting the noise from there but when I try a test call and am not hearing my msg!
    When I try to call ppl they are not hearing me!!
    Thanks for reply! Should I buy a headset??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Most older laptops dont have inbuilt microphones so you would need to get a headset. Shouldn't cost much.

Advertisement