Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Takamine acoustics

• 17-02-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea what the numbers on Takamine acoustic models refer to?
    The Takamine site describes the different series models, G series, etc, but neglects to say what each of the numbers mean, if anything.

On that note, I'm thinking about ordering this one -
    http://www.music123.com/Takamine-EG334SC-i62823.music
    Any thoughts?
    Works out at €458 before duty/tax.

Cheers,
    j.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

ive no idea bout the letters etc to be honest.that guitar looks nice. i got a Takamine EG530SC from music 123 at xmas and i LOVE it.i cudnt falt it in any single way.the preamp is great and you get a lovely warm sound from it.i ran it using some wah as well and its perfect.if you're looking for a good Takamine i'd def recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Ive an EN10C and with it E means electroacoustic, N means natural finish, 10 is the body shape (why 10 I dont know) and c stands for cutaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Look up the Takamine website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Look up the Takamine website.

Look up my original post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

tibor wrote:
    Look up my original post...

Look it up again and pay more attention. There's a system which you can figure out by comparing the models. Or you can save yourself some time and just use it for direct reference.

The G-series suck cock, either way. ;) If you're getting a Tak, spend money. If you're on a budget, don't get a Tak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

The G-series suck cock, either way. ;) If you're getting a Tak, spend money. If you're on a budget, don't get a Tak.

They do? I've read nothing but good reviews?
    What would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

EN series are sweet. brought mine to the jacobs 2fm song competition the other night, and every artist including the headline band used it because it sonically pissed all over the other guitars there. Although most of the reason is the elixir strings. they cant be beat.

Advertisement