Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reloaded or X2?

Options
  • 28-05-2003 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

So, which has been the better action sequel so far this year?

Personally, I rathered X2.

Reloaded or X2? 52 votes

Reloaded
    0% 0 votes
    X2
    69% 36 votes
    Undecided...
    28% 15 votes
    Clearly Carl Weathers!
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Reloaded... no doubt... even though X2 was excellent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blahblah

xmen was quite good but reloaded blew it away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Loved both but Reloaded was he more intelligent film!! Its the only one were we are discussing possible things to happen next and what we think it all means... Xmen 2 was just a cool film and thats it.. no discussion except how sexy the women were!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The end of Xmen 2 was very disappointing. It ruined the movie.

Reloaded is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

X-Men 2 by a long shot was the more enjoyable :)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'm gona go with Reloaded simply because of the intelligence and thought behind it. I love any movie that I can think abotu fro ages after. That's part of the experience for me.

Although I've always loved the X-Men stuff but still Reloaded takes the gong IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

I prefered reloaded, although I think for non-video game nuts x-men 2 might have more to offer. I just love those reloaded fight scenes, they make the x-men look like big girley fools. Neither film heavy on the plot tho. I have yet to be convinced that reloaded is in any way 'intelligent', unless you are talking as in chimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

I reckon that as sequals go X2 was better, coz it kept with the idea of X-men, and improved (slightly) on it, whereas in comparison the The Matrix, Reloaded wasn't quite so good. Over long, pacing in the beginning quite slow and seemed to be trying way to hard to be cool and intelligent.

Cya
    Fence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

X2 was utter crap,special effects story line acting was all crap you can't compare the two reloaded far better in every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

definitely Reloaded , X2 wasn't even close in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

They have this same discussion going on @ thedvdforums http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193746 and it looks like a fair few of them prefered X-Men 2 as well. Maybe the results here are coloured by the amount of techies that are members of the site :)

After all I've never seen so many people get excited about a film that basically about the first rule of technical support
    "reboot the system :p

Sorry couldn't resist that one :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

oh my... thats terrable gandalf :eek:

Ill go for reloaded just or the origionality of it all, X2 wasnt superb, and I doubt I will remember any of it in 6months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

thought X-2 was CACK , "storyline" ?!??! where have you gone ? ...and they tried have too many chacracters in it so we only got to see each use thier powers for a few seconds...

Matrix Reloaded on the other hand I loved ! :) deffo beter imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

X-men2 by a long long way, twas 'teh win'

meanwhile Tusky clearly has no penis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Reloaded.

Twins do it for me every time...

*fapfapfap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

reloaded wins hands down.

x2 was decent, it just didn't have the 'unstoppably watchable' appeal of reloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

pfft....no contest!

the only x-2 had going for it were the action scenes and reloaded blows it away. as for storyline....... have to agree with tusky...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by azezil
    X-men2 by a long long way, twas 'teh win'

meanwhile Tusky clearly has no penis...

I HAVE NO PENIS KOZ IT GOT SHTUCK IN YOR MAH SWERH BUD , SKETCH ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

someone said x2's ending was bad at least it was an ending- reloaded was just the begining of revoultions
    reloaded was better though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

X-2 for me after all it had an ending, Reloaded was just setting ppl up for Revoultion. I'd like to know what Bryan Singer has in mind for X-3 as he said that he was going to make it into a trilogy before he made X-2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going with X2. Thought that the action scenes in the Matrix reloaded were slightly better but X2 at least didn't have an utterly snooze worthy start and finish. Thought Reloaded also sort of ruined the matrix world with it's story. It tried to explain a lot but failed miserably and just ended up a bit silly. X2 kept me watching til the end. Reloaded kept me wanting to see the next action scene cos I was bored.

Advertisement