Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrix or LOTR

Options
  • 05-04-2003 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Ok which one of the ultimate trilogy's is your favourite?

Is it the epic battles of LOTR or the **** cool kung-fu work in the Matrix?

For me it has to be the Matrix

This is also for which one your most looking forward to.

(Im not adding an atari jaguar option, if you dont have an opinion or dont care dont vote! )

Which do you prefer? 60 votes

Matrix
    0% 0 votes
    LOTR
    100% 60 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

that's a tough one...
    i'd have to go with the matrix, the first one is much more re watchable than the fellowship & the next 2 will have a mostly unknown plot...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

LOTR all the way. Matrix is good and all, but fu*k. Were talking LOTR here!

Can't belive Matrix is winning the poll atm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This thread sucks...

If its a battle of the trilogies, where the hell is the original Star Wars Trilogy...?
    Or the Godfather trilogy for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Um, well it's a battle of the as-yet-uncompleted trilogies.

Make your choice and stop complaining AngelWhore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Tails
    Ok which one of the ultimate trilogy's is your favourite?

Sorry, I take notice of the term "Ultimate Trilogy's" there...

And I've already made my choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    If its a battle of the trilogies, where the hell is the original Star Wars Trilogy...?
    Or the Godfather trilogy for that matter?

Or the Back To The Future Triogy? you cant forget about that one. Its one of the best. Better then that crappy LOTR anyday :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Or the evil dead trilogy? Anyhow LOTR gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

I'm afraid it has to be LOTR, I was blown away by both films, but, I had a full year where I couldn't wait to see TTT. That's pretty special, then again- ask me in may........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Radio Norwich Hosted this Very Debate note long ago

In its regular slot on Alan's evening show, Hot Topics covers all manner of important debates. Recently Alan wanted to know:
    Who is the best Lord?

Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Dance

Lord of the Flies

The avalanche of strong opinion included: "Well I enjoyed the Hobbit more than Riverdance and I think lots of boys on an island killing a fat boy is not so enjoyable as Gandalf with a long white beard." Well said that caller.
    Hot Topics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I struggled to read the 1st of 3 LOTR books, found the 1st film decent but longwinded and without purpose (except to destroy the ring before the world is taken over by the darkside of course!, everybody relates to that).

Reviews say that the second film was better and most people I talk to say the book gets better as it goes on.

Damn my short attention span - didn't see the second film yet and didn't have the will to read any further into the second and third book.

Matrix is class, looking forward to seeing the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I got much more enjoyment from reading the lotr book than watching the two films so far. Whereas, i have that tingling sensation in my pants right now just thinking about going to see the matrix reloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ask this question again at christmas when the 2 trilogies are out then and only then is it a fair question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The question was posed as "which one is your favourite". Would it not be fair to say Steve_o that people may already have favourites worked out in their minds? I know these favourites are not being based on a full set of facts (or even on completed trilogys) but I know my mind is made up.

So I don't really see why there is a need to wait until Christmas before the question becomes fair. Following on from that kind of logic we should actually wait several years before posing the question.

That would give our opinions time to settle and for the overbearing media hype which can so often influence to be dimmed in our minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Matrix by a mile. Might be different when all 6 films have been viewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

LotR, i much prefare the epic scale of it. And only 1 matrix has been releasedso cant really give much of an opinion on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Cant choose between the pair. I think ill wait until i see all three from both trilogies before i make up me mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

after seeing reloaded
    definitely matrix :-)

and matrix revolutions is meant to be the best of the 3 10x
    silver said :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭mada999

The matrix is the chief lotr is a big like bog roll, once you've used it you never use it again . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

haha well said mada999 :D

matrix got my vote - on the other hand if they were books, then LOTR wins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

The Matrix for its pure orginality....its a new story told and portrayed to screen extremely well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They're both brilliant, but very different.

My vote would have to go for The Matrix though. It's a tad more enjoyable, and re-watchable.

Tough call though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

LOTR (but imho the 'Look Who's Talking' trilogy beat them both hands down...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The Matrix for its pure orginality

I agree the matrix is a very origional and very classy film but you make it sound like the LOTR isn't original its probably the most original story of our time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Well, our parents time. Or actually, more like our grandparents time in most cases :)

The Matrix for me. I like LOTR and all that, but it fundamentally suffers from a lack of people being kicked very hard in the face by women in PVC catsuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

matrix!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Having seen Reloaded, its got to be Lord Of The Rings...........I though Relaoded was aload of balls (by the way, the first Matrix is one of my favourite films, but I have never been so let-down by a sequel)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I love both but i have to go for Lord of the rings!! I have been waiting for that for years!!! The Matrix is great, i have yet to see reloaded but lets be real here!!! As a friend of mine who only read LOTR after he saw the movie said after seeing Matrix.. " Its a grand film but it did not leave me hanging to see the next one.. i can wait till November... But I dont want to wait for the next Lord of the rings!"

That sums it up.. excellent film the Matrix and i assume reloaded is also brilliant but its not as must see for me as LOTR.

By the way this thread sucks since its not even comparable!! At least you can compare LOTR with Star Wars as Star wars is pretty similar to Lord of the rings! Its fantasy, set in space.... good V evil, they even use swords in a way!! And not to forget magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

excellent film the Matrix and i assume reloaded is also brilliant

I wouldn't go assuming that......I went to see the Primire with about 20 other people and of us only about 5 liked it, and even they didn't think it was "great".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Not many black people in lord of the rings......

Lord of the rings is a magnificent piece of literature but i'm assuming that because i read the book, i could tell what was coming and was incessantly nitpicking at all the minute divergences from the book.

Whereas the matrix has black people, a sexy woman in leather, a buddhist actor(reeves) and computers in comparison to old men dressed in togas who ride horses but to be fair has talking trees which kind of balances out this stupid argument.

Different strokes for abnormal folks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

extremely hard to choose, both class films matrix because of its sheer brilliance, action and originality as someone said but LOTR was sooooo epic and such a beutiful storyline its kind of hard to compare them both i know i cant choose

Advertisement