Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

corolla radio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt your radio is like that one. That's one for a previa or rav4.
    Yours should have an odd shape, not rectangular.

If you are getting a new stereo, there are 3 different types for the 02-07 corolla, they all look basically the same but there are different plugs depending on where your car was built,

As for the problem, no idea how you'd actually fix it without swapping the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

say I went to any autoshop or ebay LIDL or ALDI come to that and got a new unit how difficult would it be to fit, are all these radios CD players a standard size or would I end up with a big hole in the dash

i would need to fiddle the wiring obviously, I have obtained a wiring diagram so I know the colours so not too worried about that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

If your radio is the same as the e-bay one then I can say to you that the fault you describe is common and can be repaired.
    The proper thing to do is test it either in another car or if you are near to Loughrea in Galway I will test it for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If your radio is the same as the e-bay one then I can say to you that the fault you describe is common and can be repaired.
    The proper thing to do is test it either in another car or if you are near to Loughrea in Galway I will test it for you .

fraid im quite a bit away from loughrea, Limerick is the closest I get,

would you care to share the details on the test and the fix if there is one please

you might be right about the common fault, when I opened up the dash and went to remove the screws holding the radio only 1 of the original screws was remaining, 2 screws had been replaced with bolts and 1 was missing, thus I conclude someone was in there before me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to either test or repair your radio. I am sure I can repair it as audio repair is my trade.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to either test or repair your radio. I am sure I can repair it as audio repair is my trade.

thanks v much

Advertisement