Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Indian restaurant in Thurles

Options
  • 17-06-2015 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know what the deal is with the new Indian restaurant taking over what was formerly Time bistro, formerly an Italian??

Seems to be a high turnover in that building...

I'd prefer to see an alternative to Mitchell Hse rather than another Indian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Shimla/Palm Tree is closed again I think (front of the building seems to be getting a reface as well) so maybe they are moving down? Only a guess.
    They never seemed to get going again after the renaming and being closed for a few days by the health guys

With you though - would be great to see Mitchell House alternative rather than another Indian/Asian etc.

Have you been to Asian Fusion beside the school before Parnell Street? Any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

I noticed that the signage vanished from the Palm tree the other day.

I hadn't realised they were closed by inspectors!!

I haven't tried the fusion place yet, don't think I will either, nothing different on their menu really.

I'm gonna try the place that was Wa Wa's though..

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Are there a lot of new restaurants opening and closing in Thurles?
    I can't remember the last new one that opened in Nenagh - same stuff all the time. Nenagh badly needs a new Indian restaurant as well.

A few have opened in the last few years alright, the location where the fusion one is and where the new Indian is going both have high turnover, it seems that the owner of the building where the fusion one is has a big say in the running of the restaurants that locate there and seems to screw things up constantly.

The other is owned by Lar Corbett, I don't know the reason for the turnover here..

mikep wrote: »
    I noticed that the signage vanished from the Palm tree the other day.

I hadn't realised they were closed by inspectors!!

I haven't tried the fusion place yet, don't think I will either, nothing different on their menu really.

I'm gonna try the place that was Wa Wa's though..

I wasn't around at the time just saw it in the national press - dont think they were closed for long so cant have been too major but probably still enough to affect trade.

Has Wa Wa's changed hands or just names?

• Advertisement

mikep wrote: »

The other is owned by Lar Corbett, I don't know the reason for the turnover here..

Did they buy? I thought himself and Coppinger just rented/leased it?

In fairness you would imaging there is room for more evening options that just
    Anner, Hayes and Mitchell house
    Or is the population sprawl of the area too wide?

I'm not sure if Wa Was has just changed names, also not sure if Lar and Co own or rent.

There should be room for another Mitchell hse type place...although would need to be better, last time we were in M Hse we weren't impressed.

Has the new spot opened yet?

Heading down for the long weekend so will try it if its open.

(Is Shimla/Palm tree still closed?)

Frankz, I believe it opened yesterday. Palm Tree was closed yesterday evening when I passed by.

Let us know how it goes if you head in.

Advertisement