Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Knocklofty

Options
  • 23-07-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Not the big house :D

Anyone have any info on the area? I've heard some not entirely positive reviews of what the area might be like to live in (related to the rentals at the old Knocklofty House) but as I'm not from Tipp I don't know if I should take them with a giant grain of salt. The house is on a reasonably busy rural road, with a few other houses dotted here and there. My main concerns would be security re. house/car break ins. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

Knocklofty is a nice area, the main concern is flooding if the house is close by the river suir.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Emsloe wrote: »
    Not the big house :D

Anyone have any info on the area? I've heard some not entirely positive reviews of what the area might be like to live in (related to the rentals at the old Knocklofty House) but as I'm not from Tipp I don't know if I should take them with a giant grain of salt. The house is on a reasonably busy rural road, with a few other houses dotted here and there. My main concerns would be security re. house/car break ins. Thanks :)

Dampness, lack of sun light, isolation, as you get older security will even be a bigger issue. Trend nowadays is to move back to towns.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    Dampness, lack of sun light, isolation, as you get older security will even be a bigger issue. Trend nowadays is to move back to towns.

How can you say that about a house you know nothing about:rolleyes:
    Personally speaking If one can afford to live outside a town it's a no brainer.
    If you're in an estate there's a myriad of potential neighbour issues
    1, neighbour's a d1ck and ye don't get on
    2, neighbour rents his house to the council who bring in a shower of undesirables or rents directly to the rent relief crew
    3, neighbour has 3 or more cars and you cant park outside your house
    4, noise

I could go on and on..............

Ancient Celts knew where to build houses and castles and they did not build them in Knocklofty.

Maybe a good idea to have the place tested for Geopathic Stress.

Check the health of trees growing in the area.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Ancient Celts knew where to build houses and castles a.

Wonder did they build any around clonmel;)

Don't think the ancient celts built castles??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

Thanks for the replies - I've had a survey done and there's no immediate structural issues or flood risks (a good bit from the river). Neighbour across the road seems nice enough, I just get horrified faces from friends when they hear of the area! According to them some residents at Knocklofty House may not be very savoury.

Emsloe wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies - I've had a survey done and there's no immediate structural issues or flood risks (a good bit from the river). Neighbour across the road seems nice enough, I just get horrified faces from friends when they hear of the area! According to them some residents at Knocklofty House may not be very savoury.

That might be true

That might be true

Do tell...sounds interesting.

That might be true

It might be false

That might be true

It might be false

• Advertisement

That might be true

It might be false

It might be false

I dont know why that posted a few times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I dont know why that posted a few times...

That might be false:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L.Aidas

Purpose of the building, looks like hotel or expensive living house....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

L.Aidas wrote: »
    Purpose of the building, looks like hotel or expensive living house....
    If you are referring to the big house being built on the Newcastle road, it's Gus Kearney's new gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L.Aidas

Thank you,

I'm interested in construction in Deerpark road. next to Knocklofty house.

Advertisement