Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiminay's 1.8 Realm (invitation thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Shiminay wrote: »
    That annoying moment when you realise that the strange floating wizard's tower you were building that you wanted to put a Nether Portal to is too close to an existing portal and you've already spent 6 hours building the strange floaty thing.

RAEG!

Time to examine the Commands list, I saw something about copying and moving all blocks within an area...

Does it not even work if you manually place a new nether portal on the exact spot in the nether it should be in?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah that'd be far too sensible! :p

I might drop a Nether side portal roughly where I'd like and see what happens :)

OK, through some tinkering, I have managed to get Command Blocks working as teleporters. The Nether Wart grow-house at spawn now has a button that brings you to a distant location that has a Nether Portal that spawns you into the entrance of the Nether Fortress, just behind the first staircase down into its depths. There's also teleportation within the Nether itself from the town spawn portal to the entrance to the Fortress.

If you want any teleportation devices I can hook you up, so I'll need To and From coordinates to set them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

More horses: -1400,1750
    Mesa: north & west of -4670, 1350
    Even more horses: -4750, 1500
    Village: -6450, 350

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Found what might be a stronghold last night. Not sure yet. Could be just an abandoned mine shaft. Managed to get a small bit through and got rid of a cave spider spawner. Will grab the co-ords if anyone wants to help discover (loot) the place.

Edit: Just looked up cave spiders and the wiki says they are only in abandoned mine shafts. So it's probably that and not a stronghold.

• Advertisement

There's now a Teleporter to Black Mesa Tower at spawn...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

aarrrgggh stupid fast armour wearing zombie midgets!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Any room left for an old Minecrafter? IGN: ampinstein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Hey hey, looking for a white listing pleazzze? Johnthebaptiste

• Advertisement

327632.png

327633.png

So there's a Wicker Man near to Black Mesa Castle, maybe we'll have a party and set it alight tonight? 9pm, be there or be elsewhere...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nice! I'll be there :D

The Burning of the Wicker Man
    http://www.twitch.tv/shiminay/c/5452348

My internet connection folks. Read it and weep.

3892352137.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Its even worse than mine! :D:P

It's pitiful. I miss my Belfast godernet.

Uh-oh. I just ran headlong in to an Ocean Monument, and promptly got swatted by a laser-toting Guardian. I wasn't able to save the co-ordinates, but if there is some kind of log that can tell you where I kicked the bucket about three minutes ago, we might be able to find it again.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

I don't have those sorts of things available in a Realm's map unfortunately, but there may be some Ocean Monument related news next week... ;)

I just saw some kind of unnatural structure just below the surface: had I known more about it, well, I would have gotten out of the way and posted the co-ordinates here. I have a rough idea where it is, in the SE quadrant about 1500-2000 blocks from spawn. I might go back for a look.

I killed the Wither, it was blowing the <bleep> outta the fortress and it meant no one could get into it.

If we wanna have a "lets fight the Wither" event, we can do that :)

• Advertisement

Jungle found and special jungle themed teleporter created to it :) I think I saw something made of Cobblestone in that jungle...

I'll be on late tonight, just can't be bothered trying to play before 11.00 pm anymore :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

a challenger appears! (for the upload anyways )
    3894253686.png

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Shiminay wrote: »
    I killed the Wither, it was blowing the <bleep> outta the fortress and it meant no one could get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

328019.png

X:274 Z:156

In case anybody misses my face on the server, you can find it at the entrance to Pompus's mine :D

B2FlF0RCEAEzPkv.png:large

I spent a couple of hours crafting beside that face. I felt like you were watching over me the whole time. Always there, in the corner of my eye.

Did anyone notice anything fishy about that pond behind the teleport to Black Mesa Castle?

Ok so the pond behind the black mesa has a somewhat hidden teleporter that brings you to a village. Near the village I found this hidden cave entrance:

328139.png

Which contained this lovely little bit of loot:

328140.png

Sure enough, there is an ocean monument nearby!

328141.png

But even with being able to run and breathe underwater, I'm pretty sure I will get rekt if I try to conquer the ocean monument. I'm currently mining for diamonds to get better armour. I also need to brew some stuff.

So who wants to team up and kick some ass? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Can I get an invite please? [insert whale noises here]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement