Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got ordinary civil bill

Options
  • 12-05-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi guys. here i need some help. i got a civil bill from revenue because i owe them 22k tax two years ago. and now i have been struggled for living.

their solicitor said if i pay the full amount then proceeding will stay.

but i don't have such money, i am not ignore the letter, i accept what they claim.

i cant afford to get a solicitor give me some advice. the civil bill is very hard to understand for me as i am not English speaker, my English is limited.

dose anybody can explain to me in plain English, what is the civil bill said.

what is means you are required within ten days after the service of this bill upon you, to enter, or cause to be entered, with the county registrar at has office. is that means i need go to the office to make appearance and register?even i am not going to defend?

if i go the office, what happen then? will i see the plaintiff at same time? or just waiting for another letter with certain date to go to court again ?

what should i do now?
    and what will happen?

and on the other paper is needs to fill the endorsement of service, and statutory declaration of service. who is going to fill this?

many many thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

It would be best if you could get a private solicitor to look at this for you straight away, but if you are unable to pay, I don't know if this option is available to you.

Therefore, you could go to the Legal Aid Board and MABS.

You need professional legal and financial advice as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alicealice

hi, thank you for your reply

they are looking for full amount, i only wish is i can pay them slightly.
    within these ten days, minus the weekend i only have few day time. is it too late to contact MABS? do i must go to court to make appearance?

alicealice wrote: »
    hi, thank you for your reply

they are looking for full amount, i only wish is i can pay them slightly.
    within these ten days, minus the weekend i only have few day time. is it too late to contact MABS? do i must go to court to make appearance?

Get on to MABS straight away. And the Legal Aid Board, more importantly.

As regards the court stuff, I can't answer that as I could be in trouble with the forum charter. All I can say is that you need professional legal advice. Also see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alicealice

thank you for advise.

tomorrow i will go to MABS office immediately.

it seems like even i have no defend i still need to go to the court?
    my head now is jammed.

get a solicitor may can tell me what going to happen. but i think it is too late to contact plaintiff's solicitor and tell them my situation and make an offer to stop the court proceeding? because they are plaintiff's solicitor , and they are protect their own client, right?

alicealice wrote: »
    but i think it is too late to contact plaintiff's solicitor and tell them my situation and make an offer to stop the court proceeding? because they are plaintiff's solicitor , and they are protect their own client, right?

The plaintiff's solicitor is to assist the plaintiff. There is no way of being sure of what he might say to you. You will need your own solicitor to advise you.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed give any legal advice here, due to the forum charter. You need a solicitor for that.

There may be a delay before you get to speak to a legal aid solicitor. Some law centres have long queues and some law centres have short queues. You can check this for yourself, by ringing and asking.

If there are long queues to speak to a Legal Aid solicitor, and if you need some quick legal advice, you can ring the citizen's advice centre, which operates a Free Legal Advice Centre (FLAC). Somebody may be able to give you some advice there, which might help you until you get to meet a Legal Aid Solicitor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement