Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loss of passport twice

Options
  • 11-05-2014 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone ever lost their American passport twice. I know it sounds very irresponsible but only one loss was my fault. Do you think I've any chance of gettin it again? I know the embassy are very strict, understandably.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Nope, can't say I've ever lost an American passport even once, never mind twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I wouldnt imagine there are many people here with experience of losing multiple US passports as this is an irish message board.

The irish passpost office take a very dim view of people who lose multiple passports. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/replacing_a_lost_or_stolen_irish_passport.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

To lose your American passport once might be seen as careless, to lose it twice etc etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

marie12 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone ever lost their American passport twice. I know it sounds very irresponsible but only one loss was my fault. Do you think I've any chance of gettin it again? I know the embassy are very strict, understandably.

It IS irresponsible! The best thing to do is to ask at the US embassy surely? In any case you should have reported the passport as lost/stolen immediately. Haven't you done that yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

Yes I've reported it and i am following up on it at the moment. The first loss was when i was a child and it wasn't in my care. Second loss completely my fault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you're talking about them being years apart, I wouldn't get too worried about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Can't speak for the Us but in most EU countries losses/thefts under the age of 18 aren't counted against you as you weren't of an age where you could reasonably take care of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

Thanks and you were right. I got it sorted today, they didn't seem to mind. I'll definitely mind this one!!
    Thank you all for your advice.

Advertisement