Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compensation claim

• 05-05-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

i was in an accident a few months ago and was 100 per cent not at fault, the other driver took 100 per cent responsibility, long story short they are now trying to make us take 50/50 responsibility and we're refusing so it look like a legal battle will commence, in terms what type of procedure will i have to go through for the injury claim is it just a physical examination or does it consist of other tests etc? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Do you have an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 inisor

Do you have an injury?

yes to my neck and shoulder and have had ongoing physiotherapy for 7 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

inisor wrote: »
    yes to my neck and shoulder and have had ongoing physiotherapy for 7 months

Sorry to hear that.

A compo claim usually involves you submitting your own drs report and more than likely you will have to go for a medical with a dr of choice from the respondents insurance company. A physiotherapists report would do no harm either , that's if you are willing to pay the outlay and claim it back. You should get proper legal advice as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

inisor wrote: »
    i was in an accident a few months ago and was 100 per cent not at fault, the other driver took 100 per cent responsibility, long story short they are now trying to make us take 50/50 responsibility and we're refusing so it look like a legal battle will commence, in terms what type of procedure will i have to go through for the injury claim is it just a physical examination or does it consist of other tests etc? thanks

Will try and keep this as short as possible, I presume accident was reported to your insurance company and their insurance company.

Tell them (their insurance company) that you intend on making a personal injuries claim... presume this is already done.

All personal injuries claims legally have to go through the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (there are some other minor categories that don't but this case does). So whats involved? You can do it yourself but given the question over liability the best bet is probably getting a solicitor. Solicitor will take you through the process.....

At the most basic level: Plaintiff (you) outlines the injuries that were suffered (including medical report I believe) and identify the respondent (person you identify as responsible for causing those injuries). The respondent (i.e. their insurance company) has up to 90 days to respond to the injuries board to indicate whether they are accepting or rejecting liability. If liability is in dispute they say so and the Personal Injuries Assessment Board provide authorisation for you to pursue your claim through court.

Going through PIAB process - Assuming they accept liability its likely that PIAB will send you to their own independent medical professional to review injuries suffered, symptoms, etc. etc. etc. This medical professional then submits the report to PIAB for their deliberations.

Going through court process the defence are entitled to have you seen & reviewed by a defence medical professional, again for the same purpose.

Regarding tests, radiology etc. etc. etc. I don't know what is legally required. In my situation all my radiological material was reviewed to confirm nature of injuries suffered and allowing medical professionals to arrive at long term prognosis etc.

Hope this helps, there is a lot to this area and just answering question at hand.

Not in legal profession, just going through the process myself...

Advertisement