Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin City

Options
  • 05-05-2005 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed this movie allot well worth a watch]

also epsiode 3 is up for download so will u DL it?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252310

Rate This Movie 46 votes

Amazing
    0%
    Good
    56%
    suttyD-GenerateKarl HungusMakavelikonekos8nspooky donkeyDrag00n79NevyngarthvweemcdMacGyverMrPinKCinatinkerbellUser45701Buck OwensSnake PliskenPlayboyhumanji 26 votes
    O
    34%
    GonzoNietzscheannadirJilmCactus Colechomadmanvibe666uberpixiemadrabKingp35Saviour_AngelBasqeljonoArmen Tanzarianlamellaweeder 16 votes
    Bad
    6%
    WookPWEIcellulite_sally 3 votes
    You wasted 120 mins of my life and i want them back
    2%
    bush 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

But downloading Episode III would be illegal so I wouldn't be doing that nor discussing it in any real way. So say I, the Mod.

As to 'Sin City', it's not released yet so I don't know how valid this poll is for most of us. I am looking forward to seeing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Good
    The trailer i downloaded said Apriel 1st so i saw nothing wrong when a freinds broughtit roubnd to my house
    also ixoy i know ep 3 would be illigal there is nothing wrong about a discussion about would u download it also it lets us see who amoung us would do such a thing.

Also since when do u care anyway? im not downloading ep 3 but why are u bothering to make such a deal out of it u download all the new sga and sg1

Anyway back on topic ye would reccemend going to see Sin City very good movie tarenteno or however u spell his name is a guest dirictor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Two Words.

'Spell Check'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Good
    I saw this on a download and it made me want to see it in the cinema even more. It's gonna look great on a big screen!

Some of its very funny, in a Itchy & Scratchy sort of way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cellulite_sally

Bad
    User3231231231 you’re quite nauseating to read, please do us all an immense favour and download a spell checker.

Also it seems you post erroneous dribble just for the sake of posting, stop and think. I’d say a good majority of your 2000 posts are quite utter ****e, with a lot of random meaningless threads thrown in to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Also it seems you post erroneous dribble just for the sake of posting, stop and think. I’d say a good majority of your 2000 posts are quite utter ****e, with a lot of random meaningless threads thrown in to boot.
    Ease up there, none of us are flawless. This isn't the place to attack another poster. Stick to the thread topic thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

tarenteno or however u spell his name is a guest dirictor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought it on dodgy dvd on sunday and watched it mouth agape, awesome, can't wait to see it on the big screen, makes one hopeful that the like of Watchmen won't be a total washout when it comes to a cinema near you, perhaps Dark Knight Returns will be a possible future development, an 18s Batman flick, we can only dream.

I know that piracy is wrong, please don't let this thread become a spelling/anti piracy forum, make a new thread for that, no?

Good
    User3231231231 you’re quite nauseating to read, please do us all an immense favour and download a spell checker.

This is a example of one of your brillent and meaningfull posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Lads start another thread if you want to correct each others english all day.

Sin City.....Wow.
    Very stylised and self-conciously and thats a good thing. Beautifull presented scenes and great acting abound. Throw in some of the most violent scenes imaginable and your left with a very satisfying new angle on the film noir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Bad
    I picked up a perfect copy of this on dvd on holidays but
    I wasnt sure what to make of it.
    I liked the style of the film though,it was like watching a comic book.
    I especially like the way it seemed to freeze frame the action just like a comic would.The black and white landscape,white blood etc but after a while it became a bit repetitive and tiresome.
    I can see how the cartoon violence would appeal to a lot of blokes but I wouldn't recommend taking your girlfriend to see it.I don't think women would
    appreciate the torture, cannibalism, castration etc etc.
    Even the women in the film are either hookers or crazy killers.
    It had some cast, Bruce Willis,Mickey Rourke,Clive Owen,Michael
    Madsen,Elijah Wood,Rutger Haurer.Some great performance's especially
    Mickey Rourke but best of all was Benicio Del Toro as Jackie Boy,
    It was worth watching just to see Del Toro's performance alone,he was superb.

Good
    only 1 womman i know has seen it she loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Good
    Absolutely great. Highly recommend it. Ultraviolent, but there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone was great in it aswell, great performances all round.
    Loved Elijah Wood in it, great change from his usual characters, Mickey Rourke and Benicio Del Toro were just plain great.

2 thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

O
    thought it was amazing how close to the graphic novels it actually is.

if you haven't read them you should certainly check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Good
    Absolutely brillant THE BEST film mad from a comic ever, best film i have seen this year.

I loved it and so did the two other persons of the female gender I watched it with.

Yes there may be some hope for Watchmen after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Good
    Sin City kicked ass :D Really enjoyed it.

Good
    hey bush what about this movie did u not like ur the only person who has voted bad so far why didnt u like it?

thinkin of watchin it again but dont want to over watch itthe way i did the kill bills i know ill watch kill bill tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrNuyenVanFaulk

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Bought it on dodgy dvd on sunday and watched it mouth agape, awesome, can't wait to see it on the big screen, makes one hopeful that the like of Watchmen won't be a total washout when it comes to a cinema near you, perhaps Dark Knight Returns will be a possible future development, an 18s Batman flick, we can only dream.

I know that piracy is wrong, please don't let this thread become a spelling/anti piracy forum, make a new thread for that, no?

Dn't say anything about Watchmen, and to a muh greater extent, V for Vendetta. These are sacred parchments. They will be judged when seen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Good
    Well I tought it was amazing so I voted like wise.

Good
    bump so ppl can vote who have now seen it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 zigzag wonderer

Good
    the best movie of the comic book genre ive ever seen. captured the intensity of franks novel brilliantly. just a joy to watch.

Good
    ye i heard it was almost the exact same as the comics from a mate of mine who read them,
    this is a must buy on DVD special eidtion

Advertisement