Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Narnia!

• 19-05-2005 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I know it is a kids movie and the first half a minute of the trailer is boring but it gets interesting towards the end... plus i liked the book as a kid!

Click me!

Aslan looks cool! :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Finally some actual footage. I watched the other two "features" when they came out. Really looking forward to this. Looks really good. Not sure you can call it a kids flick. It's an anyone flick. It's the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to be quite honest. :p Can't wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I love surprise like this! Thanks for the link OY! Looks like a winner to me, close enough to the book which I think most people loved. I'm actually as excited about this as I was when I seen the first clips of LOTR trailers.

I love Turkish delight too..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Ooooohh ... I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

I agree with halenger, it is an anyone flick ... I'm sure most people have read the books & seen the tv programme, so this will more than likely appeal to them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

as a long time narnia fan.....this son of adam cant wait. its obviously jumping on the lotr bandwagon but who cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Cant wait either.Really excited about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

so long as its not religious propaganda, im all up for it.
    Prince caspian was a good book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Saw the trailer last night, and I was damned impressed! Definetly be on the lookout for this so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

nadir wrote:
    so long as its not religious propaganda, im all up for it.

y'know it will be, its way less subtle than lotr

no real interest in this, looks like a sub par lotr(and im not even a fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm looking forward to this actually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

OY wrote:
    Aslan looks cool! smile.gif
    "But who is Aslan? Do you know him?" smile.gif

Eep, that trailer gave me a goosebumps! The books were wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I thought the Magicians Nephew was the first Chronicle of Narnia..

Billy, The Magician's Nephew is book 6 in the chronicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

"But who is Aslan? Do you know him?" smile.gif

Eep, that trailer gave me a goosebumps! The books were wonderful.

yep gave me goosebumps as well looks interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

But the Magician's Nephew is set before the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. It always struck me as a very odd book, when compared to the rest.

I remember crying during the BBC version of the Dawntreader, when that little guy set off in his boat on his own.

I'm really looking forward to this one. Roll on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I never actually read the books. I watched the BBC production. Which was great. The Ice queen scared me so much I didn't go near turkish delight for years!! I swear. And we have an antique wardrobe. Time was spent in there looking for the door. I went asleep in there one night when I was small.
    Can't wait to see it and Willy Wonka and Sin City! YAY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

wow that looks great!! It definitely looks waay better than the last chronicles of narnia movie made. The last one had a mechanical aslan and reminded me of the Neverending Story for some reason. I loved the books and i'd love to see how well disney can do the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. ^___^
    I guess i should reread the books then ^^;

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Billy, The Magician's Nephew is book 6 in the chronicles.
    It was written sixth but it's actually the first book. If you look at any set of the books, it's placed before 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'.
    Maybe they're just taking the same route as the BBC TV series, and will leave out 'The Magician's Nephew', 'The Horse and his Boy' and 'The Last Battle'... It would be a shame, but they don't fit in so well with the other four (Especially 'The Horse and his Boy', which is set during the time of 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'). Anyway, this one is the most well-known and the most popular of the Chronicles, that's probably why they chose to make it. I can't wait until it comes out! I absolutely adore the books, and I'd say they'll do a much better job than the TV series

True, 'The Magician's Nephew' is set before 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe' in the timeline, and is about the how Aslan created Narnia. In my set of the chronicles it is placed 6th. smile.gif

Here is a larger screen sized trailer to view.
    It's worth the wait for the loading time.

Thanks to OY for this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I went to see the Sith last night and this trailer was shown in the previews...
    If you guys think it looks good here wait till you see it at the pictures!
    :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

In my set of the Chronicles of Narnia the Magicians Nephew is number 1

The ones I have are

Tha Magicians Nephew
    The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
    The Horse and His Boy
    Prince Caspian
    The Voyage of the Dawn Trader
    The Silver Chair
    The Last Battle

A bit of googleing reveals that The Lion The Witch and the wardrobe was published five years before the Magicians nephew but
    C. S. Lewis wrote back to the boy, saying, "I think I agree with your order for reading the books more than with your mother's," and soon afterward the publishers began to number them in this way. But Lewis, who had written bits and pieces of the books at different times, also noted that the order probably didn't much matter: "I'm not even sure that all the [books] were written in the same order in which they were published."

link

If they are going to make "The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe" the first movie in a series then Lets hope that they make all seven of them. If they want to make them in the order of their original publication date, then so be it.

All in all anything that gets kids today to reed boks can only be a good thing, although the Narnia books would be considered very short compared to the likes of the Harry Potter series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement