Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 mazda 3 iPod Jack install

Options
  • 06-05-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I've bought an aux cable and connected but I cannot find an aux setting. The radio does not have an aux button but a tape/md button, these seem to-do nothing however.
    I've followed YouTube instructions but I think my radio just isn't compatible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭blackbox

Is the "md" button for a multidisc changer? If it has phono inputs for this it should be possible to fool it into accepting a signal from an aux-in cable. I did this with a Sony radio in a Toyota - had to buy a little gadget on E-Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

I'm not sure how the tape/md is supposed to work, there's no inputs of any kind, I've tried hooking up one using a method like this. but I'm missing the aux button! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9I9KDNUs4Y&list=FL9onfWziCA0UpzBppnq5YPg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭blackbox

Is yours the same model as the one in the video?
    Did you buy and fit the adapter?
    Can you find the manual for the stereo - it may explain how the tape/md button is supposed to work. If you have the model number you will probably be able to find a manual online.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

thanks Blackbox.

I don't think mine is the same as in the video, the video doesnt have the tape/md button I don't think.

I have the manual, I didn't find what I was looking for on the tape/md but I'll look again.

Is an Adaptor required?
    All I have is the cable which connects to the rear of the radio and then to a headphone male jack.

Advertisement