Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X's and O's dockets

Options
  • 08-12-2011 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

i work 2 days a week, fri and sunday. the dole only deducts one day as sunday is a 'free day'
    does this change with the new budget as the number of days is decreased from six to five?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

MikeMacca wrote: »
    i work 2 days a week, fri and sunday. the dole only deducts one day as sunday is a 'free day'
    does this change with the new budget as the number of days is decreased from six to five?

Not yet, but it will be in 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭MikeMacca

but what is this change in the budget all about, bringing the days down from 6 to 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

MikeMacca wrote: »
    but what is this change in the budget all about, bringing the days down from 6 to 5?

That's only for people claiming jobseekers benefit.

Basically, it assumes you only ever work a 5-day week rather than a 6-day week. So if you're already working one day Monday to Saturday, you will receive jobseekers benefit for the other 4 days (i.e. 80% of a jobseekers benefit payment) rather than 5 days (83.3333% of a jobseekers benefit payment)

Works out as a cut of €6.27 per week approx, assuming you're on the full adult rate. Doesn't come into effect until July 2012.

AFAIK it doesn't apply to jobseekers allowance but of course that can change in the future.

Advertisement