Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xenon Bulb Advice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

it was indeed the outer casing I was referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I'm hoping it's just condensation as if the bulb was just burning off any moisture that was on it (not sure if that even makes sense...)

Either that or the bulb is burning the reflector, which doesn't make sense as the original was also 55w and I would've thought Philips would be a trust-worthy replacement :(

They're back in again so a few days driving should see some answers arise, good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

I'm wondering are the new lights just showing more of the fog/condensation/big white mark than the old ones did

I'm wondering are the new lights just showing more of the fog/condensation/big white mark than the old ones did

That's very, very true :eek: I never paid any great attention to the headlights before changing the bulbs, I'd never considered that they just might be illuminating what was already there to a greater effect!

After a few days of driving with them, I'll know for certain. Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, keep them coming :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

OP, philips supply their bulbs to many car manufactures, it could well be the OE bulbs in your car are philips. Other than the blue vision colouring and the extra distance of light, these would be the same as OE bulbs. The would not generate any extra heat that might cause the problem your having.

• Advertisement

Having driven with them in for the best part of a week now, it turns out the white patches are just some kind of fog or condensation that has settled above the bulbs :) it's gradually becoming smaller the more use I make of them.

Thanks for the replies, all done and dusted now! :D

IMG_5472_zpsad555cf4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Good to hear OP. Any plans to change the fogs?

Good to hear OP. Any plans to change the fogs?

Definitely, must get on to them in the next few days or weeks :)

Advertisement