Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pizza delivery and dole

• 07-12-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi everyone. My jobseekers benefit ran out this week and i applied for allowance. I must see my community welfare officer to be able to get this. I have also been offered a job in a pizza place doing deliveries however the place is just after opening and he doesnt expect more than 2 or 3 deliveries a day for the first few weeks. The pay is only 5 an hour and 1.50 a delivery. I was thinking of taking this job aswell as claiming jobseekers allowance until it got busier and I was able to live off it. 6 hr shift x 5 days a week x 5 an hour is 150 a week base pay. Prob another 50 for all the deliveries. So 200 plus my 188 dole. What im asking is, is there any way i can go on casual and be able to get partial dole. He said i wouldnt be on the books but he asked me for my PPS number so i am confused.Before anyone says i shouldnt work while on the dole my rent alone is 110 a week so how the hell am i supposed to survive on 90 a week for food,petrol clothes etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Chocablock wrote: »
    The pay is only 5 an hour and 1.50 a delivery.

How is that legal?
    So if business is quiet you earn less then minimum wage?
    And are you driving your own car? You need to declare it to your insurance company and your premium may get jacked up
    Slave labour going on here, never waste a good recession says the business owner

And if you're working five days a week, well you can't claim you are a casual worker or get partial dole
    And for working off the books, well plenty of delivery drivers out there are cash in hand. Most of them I'd guess, how does a business owner declare they pay five euro per hour
    So 200 plus my 188 dole.

Minus petrol money

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Call into your local office and get the forms form your employer to fill in in order for you to claim casual JSA.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement