Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Samsung SP1614N owners

• 20-09-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to do a bit of amateur data recovery here. I have a dead samsung SP1614N and bought a new one with the same PCB revision and motor type, and tried a PCB swap, which didn't work. Turns out the product versions are too different.

So, if you've got an SP1614N from around 2 years ago and would like to help me out (and receive a new drive in return for your crusty old one) reply here.
    I need to know what motor type and printed circuit board revision are. If you look on the bottom of the drive it should have either NIDEC or JVC stamped on the metal hub, and the PCB type and revision number should be near the white connector for the ribbon cable from the drive heads.

I need a drive with a NIDEC motor and hopefully a PCB with these details:
    127-108
    Palo / Veloce
    Rev .08

Then, if you look at the label on the front of the drive with the top bar code on it, it should say P/V FS and if you flip the drive over embossed into the black plastic it should say:
    SS
    P/V80 15-1 with 5 in a circle.

Thanks, and I'm really hoping someone out there can help me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tony Osborne

Hi,

Did you have any luuck fixing your drive? I am now in the same situation as you (since Friday). Except I can't even find an SP1614N to buy to attempt the PCB swap. You wouldn't happen to have spare would you? Thanks, Tony.

Advertisement