Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 with The Order 1886 and Last of Us €349.99

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Wow this is a super deal by Argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Bobby42 wrote: »
    I have a screen grab on my phone with the 349 price, fingers crossed I get that price.

Pretty sure if you can prove that the site said that you'll get it. Someone above posted a screengrab too, you could certainly use that either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

So if we reserved it when it was 349.99 will they give it for that price (with screenshot proof) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

I just picked one up in Omni. I just said the price has stated €349 & she searched through the system. In fairness I had reserved it at the higher price but they honoured it. They only had one of the games so I have a receipt to pick other one up when back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Got it sorted in Swords.

The girl wasn't having any of my shenanigans of €350 for the lot, but she called over some nice manager and he said "No, that's what she reserved, that's what she gets."

So Yay! :D:D Thanks for the find OP, am very excited to try The Last of Us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I'm guessing it was always meant to be 399, but someone made the mistake of dropping the consoles to 349 before the deal started.

My friend and I were picking up the last of us from Tallaght as they didn't have it in stock where he got the console.

This giant poster was beyond the tills.

fELvYRl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ascophere

Just picked this up. I was planning on waiting until next week but when I saw the last few pages of this thread I thought I might as well chance it now to have any hope of getting it for 350. I saved the screenshot from a previous page to my phone and reserved the ps4 deal this morning. Went down and asked at the till was it 350 or 400 after I gave my reservation number. Showed the screenshot to the cashier and she went and got the manager who checked the screenshot and gave me the deal no problem. I didn't say much and they were happy to honour the deal for 350. I got the impression its standard procedure for Argos to honour stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I got it for 350 too. In general, I find the Argos staff very nice. The lady said that she had discounted one yesterday too so she had no problem doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

They honoured it for me it Tallaght. I reserved it at the higher price but showed them the screen shot of 349.99, she called the manager and got it no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

winston82 wrote: »
    They honoured it for me it Tallaght. I reserved it at the higher price but showed them the screen shot of 349.99, she called the manager and got it no problem.

You get the 10€ voucher?

Going to pick up mine in Tallaght after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

winston82 wrote: »

Got mine for 350 in Stephen's green!

It came up on the screen as 400 but I showed them the screen grab and he said no problem, no need for a manager or anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

no probs in ilac. but no voucher as I think that offer is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

j4vier wrote: »
    no probs in ilac. but no voucher as I think that offer is finished

No voucher with mine either. I think I'll let that one go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thinking I might chance this tomorrow, do people think it would be too late now to use the screenshot or would it be worth a shot? Would they have a way of knowing that I reserved it tonight and not when it was at the lower price?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sure for all they know you originally saw that deal and saved the screenshot, and that price is technically still valid until next week... I think you could argue it. Worst that's gonna happen is they refuse so why not chance your arm regardless?

• Advertisement

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sure for all they know you originally saw that deal and saved the screenshot, and that price is technically still valid until next week... I think you could argue it. Worst that's gonna happen is they refuse so why not chance your arm regardless?
    Yeah that's true, I'll head up in the morning and hope for the best! It's a great deal regardless so I might even go for it anyway if I have no luck arguing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

dan786 wrote: »
    You get the 10€ voucher?

Going to pick up mine in Tallaght after work.

That deal with voucher finished Sunday

For anyone considering this I managed to pick it up for €350 this morning with little or no questions asked. Thanks to the OP and the poster who shared the screenshot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Just to let people know that the offer of €349 is still on. Picked one up this evening in Portlaoise, showed them the screenshot, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

Said it was an error on the website in Clonmel, showed the screen shot but not budging... €399 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

AdamB wrote: »
    Said it was an error on the website in Clonmel, showed the screen shot but not budging... €399 :(

I'd make a claim for false advertising if I was you, it clearly said in the deal that is was till March 6th no? Can't see how they can pull the plug like that so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Just to let you know PS4 console is down to €379 now on argos but still charging 399 for it including both games. In reality if you buy it and trade in games with cex for instance the console would only be 340ish so great price.

I e-mailed currys reference their price promise seeing as they are offering the same deal as in console plus the same two games on their site, charge 4.99 for delivery as only place I can find all 3 items in stock in an argos close to me is Carlow and would spend way more than 4.99 on fuel to get them.

Harvey Normans would not match the deal as they don't have that deal in their store but they should match the 379 price if there is a store near you but no argos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

Anyone have a spare reservation for galway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Dhduxbeusns

Do you need a reservation number? Will they let me buy the package for 350? On the website the same deal has changed and now it's 380 +2 games instead of the original 350.

380 is a good deal but do you think they'd let me buy it for 350?

It's worth a punt but tbh if you didn't reserve at a certain price they don't have to honor it. They advertised at 350 and to be fair they've honored it for the people who hopped on at that price, but since they're now listing at a higher price I wouldn't say they'll entertain more 350s... Could be wrong, but as someone who works in direct marketing including price changes they don't have any real incentive to.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I finally got it today for €379 with both games, last of us was out of stock but after 5 years without a console I was like the cat that got the cream as I skipped out of Argos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

How'd you get both games if out of stock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Dhduxbeusns

Johny_cash wrote: »
    How'd you get both games if out of stock?

They give you a receipt and you can collect the item from any store when it's in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

No last of us in athlone. I really would like a ps4 for the new batman game this year. Such a shame it won't be on ps3

Picked up all three in the Pavilions in Swords for €379. Called into GAME downstairs to see what they would offer me for The Order on a trade in, €20 :eek: as already after two weeks people were trading it in. Seemingly not a great game only 5hrs of game play.

Still €379 for the console is a great price. Heard nothing back from curry's re their price promise.

• Advertisement

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Picked up all three in the Pavilions in Swords for €379. Called into GAME downstairs to see what they would offer me for The Order on a trade in, €20 :eek: as already after two weeks people were trading it in. Seemingly not a great game only 5hrs of game play.

Still €379 for the console is a great price. Heard nothing back from curry's re their price promise.

Take the order to Cex lad, the game stores will give you flip all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah Cex give €38 CASH for The Order, and €22 for TLOU

Do not sell the Last of Us! Too good a game to get rid of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

dan786 wrote: »
    See attached..

Do you happen to have one with the black ps4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Do you happen to have one with the black ps4?

no sorry.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Do not sell the Last of Us! Too good a game to get rid of.

I'm getting great enjoyment just watching my son play that game, I'm doing his head in saying go there, uh oh don't go there,run, WATCH OUT, haha.

mad m wrote: »
    I'm getting great enjoyment just watching my son play that game, I'm doing his head in saying go there, uh oh don't go there,run, WATCH OUT, haha.

What's the PS3 version like compared to this?

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    What's the PS3 version like compared to this?

Have no idea. Just love sitting there looking at him play it...get the odd scare as well...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

And €12 for The Last of Us on PS3.

I got €50 for The Order PS4 and TLOU PS3. I hadn't gotten around to playing TLOU on the PS3 so will try the PS4 one instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Got this deal last Sunday. Finished The Order 1886, but I'm waiting on The last of us to come back in stock.

Have to sell my PS3 now. Is there much of a market for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,384 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'm saving the last of us till I'm done with the order or I get too bored with it, It's a pretty nice looking game but not the most involving

Advertisement