Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bitdefender free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Expired :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »

One year licence as well
    The email states did the givenName license to you is currently a 6-month license but will be Automatically upgraded to a 1-year license in February
    Your license key is the code underneath the text "Your free license key is"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

I've downloaded 64 bit but keep getting error that your software is 32 bit and need to install 64 bit.
    Any one else managed to install on 64 bit Windows 8.1?

Thanks

hmm no I installed 64-bit on Windows 7 with no problems.

Says here it should work on 8.1: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/operating-systems-required-for-running-your-bitdefender-products-1137.html

so perhaps try downloading the 64-bit version again from the bitdefender site

• Advertisement

Incidentally this isn't even up on HUKD as far as I can see, so perhaps someone with an account wants to spread the word (I'm off to get drunk on mulled wine)

I only happened to see it because my previous free 6 month coverage expired this week, so I'm getting 1.5 years free internet security.

One of Bargains of the year for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Downloaded and installed 64 bit on windows 8.1 but licence is showing as 180 days not 1 year. Anyone else notice this?

pissed wrote: »
    Downloaded and installed 64 bit on windows 8.1 but licence is showing as 180 days not 1 year. Anyone else notice this?

See my post four up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Incidentally this isn't even up on HUKD as far as I can see, so perhaps someone with an account wants to spread the word (I'm off to get drunk on mulled wine)

I only happened to see it because my previous free 6 month coverage expired this week, so I'm getting 1.5 years free internet security.

One of Bargains of the year for me ;)

it is, posted couple weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

The billing model is really annoying with BitDefender. You can't turn off auto renew yourself. You have to get in contact with the them and make sure they do not renew you automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

will be automatically updated to 1 year in February,as previously stated lol....

it is, posted couple weeks back

hmm searching for "Bitdefender" on HUKD and not seeing it, just a 70% off the £59.95 version?

percy212 wrote: »
    The billing model is really annoying with BitDefender. You can't turn off auto renew yourself. You have to get in contact with the them and make sure they do not renew you automatically.

you don't need to enter any billing details for this freebie though, I haven't given Bitdefender any financial details yet in all the months I've been getting their Internet Security software for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

hmm searching for "Bitdefender" on HUKD and not seeing it, just a 70% off the £59.95 version?

Hey MrCheez. It's under 'freebies' on HUKD, which can make it easy to miss:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=bitdefender&category=0&type=3&date_range=&sort_type=relevance

Cyclonius wrote: »

ah right, seems the "sitewide search" defaults to the Deals forum rather than "All" on the RHS list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 polarax

I have just installed but can anyone tell me where I get the license key??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

polarax wrote: »
    I have just installed but can anyone tell me where I get the license key??

You should get it in the email you recieved if you follows the steps correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 polarax

You should get it in the email you recieved if you follows the steps correctly.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

This appears to be free again...

Excellent. Just coming to the end of Avast free trial so the timing of this is perfect.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Another 9 months free for anyone who wants it...:D

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/spread/techradar-pro-ts/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Can you add this on to a current license?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

yes but it won't stack, you will get 9 months from today

Have to wonder will we ever have to pay for this. 2 years running I've had it free, now another 9 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Installed this and now Chrome is slow and youtube is choppy. Generally everything is a bit lagged. Is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

nm wrote: »
    Installed this and now Chrome is slow and youtube is choppy. Generally everything is a bit lagged. Is this normal?

I had that problem too with bit defender and panda back to avast free.

nm wrote: »

Are you running XP or slowish machine? I did notice a bit of slowdown when I installed it on an old lappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Are you running XP or slowish machine? I did notice a bit of slowdown when I installed it on an old lappy.

I had the same problem with a quadcore with 6gb of ram and ssd it was the filter/hook drivers it installed caused my problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

It wont install without removing a few things Malwarebytes included? This is a Malware scanner as-well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

You can re-install Malware back on top once you have installed bitdefender

Advertisement