Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jump channel 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

We were led to believe Davina McCall did it but from what i can remember only the winner , Joe something did the 40M one
    and of course the legend Eddie the Eagle , he did it a few times but looked a bit ropey at it lol

to be fair to them i wouldn't do it myself :)

Starts tonight on CH4 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I can't stop laughing watching it. Two girls just went down the skeleton crying. One had her eyes closed.

Yeah the girls were a lot more fun :)
    Should be a laugh tomorrow live on the slopes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Awful program! The bar they do it from is cool though.

They could at least make it a little more interesting by using intermediates, rather than novices. It would probably be watchable then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

cormee wrote: »
    Awful program! The bar they do it from is cool though.

They could at least make it a little more interesting by using intermediates, rather than novices. It would probably be watchable then.

Truely awful but a big step up on last years nonsense. After a week of various jumps they still couldn't tell the difference between height and distance.

some of the actual competition was entertaining and its a big deal to do the ski jump as a beginner.
    But it descended into farce on the final show , one person off the big jump and did about 3m lol.
    you knew they wanted to have a winner that appealed to the target audience , hence Joey.
    I had it taped and watched all the distances and no way were any legit , they made it up as they went along.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I thought it was good entertainment and getting winter sports onto telly more has to be a good thing. No broken z-list celebrities this time which is a shame.

The ski cross and snowboarding are great but the course wasnt the same as last year , make it longer and steeper.
    Keep the skeleton and ditch the bob.
    The snow cross was a good one and it should stay , the air jump was so/so.
    Also anyone takes on the big jump should get an automatic bye and distance only measured if 2 or more take it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Friend of mine is just back from the Europa in Innsbruck. It's only just dawned on her that the slightly odd people in her hotel were the celebs from The Jump ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

fannymagee wrote: »
    Friend of mine is just back from the Europa in Innsbruck. It's only just dawned on her that the slightly odd people in her hotel were the celebs from The Jump ;)

I was going mad giving out about the guys beard, then I realised he had only one arm and I felt quite guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

cormee wrote: »
    I was going mad giving out about the guys beard, then I realised he had only one arm and I felt quite guilty.

Haha!! I'm sure he could still shave if he wanted ;-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

fannymagee wrote: »
    Haha!! I'm sure he could still shave if he wanted ;-)

He managed to have a shave when cycling in the Paralympics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/paralympic-sport/9513069/Paralympics-2012-Britains-Jon-Allan-Butterworth-ready-to-build-on-time-trial-silver-medal-success.html

Advertisement