Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do collected prebooked tickets have no magnetic strip?

Options
  • 03-03-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Something I have been wondering for a while...

I buy my ticket to Heuston every week online and the collect it at my local station that has no automatic ticket machine, only a booking office. When I collect my prebooked ticket, it comes on this letter with a peel off ticket, but it has no magnetic strip. So every time I get to heuston I have to find a member of staff to let me through the barriers. A pain every time. Why do these tickets have no magnetic strip? The no prebooked tickets that you can get at the booking office have the magnetic strips.

Makes no sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Hi all,
    Something I have been wondering for a while...

I buy my ticket to Heuston every week online and the collect it at my local station that has no automatic ticket machine, only a booking office. When I collect my prebooked ticket, it comes on this letter with a peel off ticket, but it has no magnetic strip. So every time I get to heuston I have to find a member of staff to let me through the barriers. A pain every time. Why do these tickets have no magnetic strip? The no prebooked tickets that you can get at the booking office have the magnetic strips.

Makes no sense.

Its because they have to print the ticket for you off the computer in the absence of a Tvm.
    I seriously cant see how its a pain to show it to a member of staff at the barriers its not as if you have to go knocking on doors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Its because they have to print the ticket for you off the computer in the absence of a Tvm.
    I seriously cant see how its a pain to show it to a member of staff at the barriers its not as if you have to go knocking on doors etc.
    you are probably assuming there's a member of staff at the barriers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Would you not just collect your tickets from the vending machine by popping in your reference number and card?

That way you will get a ticket with a magnetic strip to help you have a speedy exit from Heuston. Also it may save you having to queue up for the booking office at your station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Would you not just collect your tickets from the vending machine by popping in your reference number and card?

All you need is the ref, you can't use the card anymore. There is never any queues at these machines in Heuston as there is plenty of them.

you are probably assuming there's a member of staff at the barriers.....

a gate would be left open if there wasnt.

• Advertisement

bikeman1 wrote: »

That way you will get a ticket with a magnetic strip to help you have a speedy exit from Heuston. Also it may save you having to queue up for the booking office at your station.

the op says that there isnt any tvm at the station.

Advertisement