Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grow a beard from (almost) nothing

Options
  • 30-03-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello fellow manly men !

I am coming here today because I wanted to grow a beard (it sound a bit weird to say it like that), I am 26 and I only have the moustache and the upper chin growing at the same rate I would say. But my moustache has some small space between some point and I have no hair in the middle.

However I have some hair on my chin but I can almost counting them, they are so spaced between each other and this is not very nice.. I have nothing on the cheek, and maybe less than 10 hair on my neck.

I have made a lot of reading about different vitamin that the body must have to be able to grow hair better and faster but a lot of website are advising different thing and I'm a bit lost in this.

I have read that taking biotin is helping to grow fast hair and taking some multivitamin is also helping.

If you wonder, I am a developer which spend most of my day sit behind a computer and I have to admit that I am not eating very healthy. (chicken rolls for lunch :((( ).
    I decided to change that and also have an healthier body, so I will start exercise too because I also read that it help for the hair to grow.

Now I am done telling you my life :P, I wanted to know what I could do to specificaly help my beard to grown. I am not looking for faster result because I know it is taking a lot of time, but I would like to be able to grow one, I already enjoy my moustache quite a lot (not my gf though) but I never really let it grow much more than 5mm maybe before I shave it off.

This is the only photo I have of it unfortunately, so you might have an idea of what I can have at the best :
    http://i.imgur.com/BU3BhkF.png

Do you guys has any advice, experience with biotin or supplement, to share with me ?

Thanks a lot for the help !

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MetalBren

I hate to say this, but I don't think there is anything you can really do to make your beard grow better. Its genetics that dictates how your beard grows. Like shaving won't make it grow back any faster or thicker.
    I tried growing one as well, unfortunately I apparently don't have beard genes, it was just thin and wiry.
    Sorry to disappoint you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MetalBren

(this posted twice, apologies)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

No worries, I do understand that is a possibility, although I never tried to let what I have grow for a couple of month, and I think I will give it a try..
    At least I will have a fine moustache at worst, but I would like the hair on my chin to be a little bit more dense.. Maybe It will come with the time :/
    My dad and my brother can grow beard, even though they don't do it, I will give a try for a couple of months and see what goes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Genetics for sure. 35 years old and still can't grow a full beard.

Advertisement