Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plans for irish exam classes after Christmas

• 11-12-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I am hoping for some advice from teachers of higher level irish.

I am working part time in a school the last couple of weeks. I have not taught this level before and the group have had 3 irish teachers this year so far so there is quite a bit of uncertainty over what has been covered and how well it has been covered.

I want to make a comprehensive plan over the holidays for next term but am conflicted over how to approach this as there is the oral as well as the pre exams to consider.

Would it be possible to get some thoughts on how to plan for this period? Do you spend a set amount to time on a topic exclusively or cover poetry on a Monday, pros on Tuesday, oral Wed., etc.

Any advice would be most appreciated as I want to do my best for them while I have them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Junior Cert of Leaving Cert?

If you have an awful lot to cover as in want to go back over prós and filíocht do a class per day on each and if they have a double leave it for the oral.

For my Junior Certs MIXED CLASS:
    Monday: Grammar/Writing both classes
    Tuesday: Oral Work
    Wednesday: Prós/Filíocht ORD Léamhthuiscint/Carta Phoist
    Thursday: Prós/Filíocht ORD Léamhthuiscint/Carta Phoist
    Friday: Tape on iPads with headphones

Leaving Certs Higher:

Monday=Grammar/Writing,
    Tuesday=Prós/An Triail Revision/Exam Questions
    Wednesday= Filíocht/Exam Questions
    Thursday= Double Oral, one class interviewing each other, one class reflecting and correcting.
    I do Irish at lunch time on a Friday (we've an hour for lunch) so 40 mins of Irish with Leaving Cert only and that's tape/writing.

Advertisement