Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac vs pc the war never ends

• 08-12-2014 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I've used both mac & Windows i use them for what i need to do but i always tend to hear that discussion / argument people that use pc will tell you that if you use mac you have to stick with the apple software which is not true people have also said to me you cant use microsoft office usually people who criticize mac have never used a mac
    what are your thoughts on this subject

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Install the punctuation add-on?

Smart arse replies aside, get whatever you want and works for you, who cares what others think / want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Long time Windows user, my gf got a MacBook air about 4 months ago, which I've used a lot.

My thoughts - laptop is fantastic, form factor, build quality and battery life are unmatched imo.

I use Office for Mac on it and it is fine. I use chrome, the file manager and not a whole lot else.

My opinion is that Windows is the superior operating system. I find it a lot easier to be productive on Windows and in particular to manage multiple Windows. I find resizing and moving active windows on Mac to be a chore. On Windows it is much easier to resize, move etc.

Just my view, I'm sure there is an element of me being so used to Windows and so new to Mac that it is bound to prejudice my views, but as it stands I would never use Mac OS in work. Office isn't quite as polished on it and as I said I find the window management a bit clunky

For most tasks they are both equal OS's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Nah, I think the war is over. I think most people realise what each platform is capable of and which one is better for them. I work in IT and used to argue with people who would swear their platform was better but couldn't really ever quantify why. I don't really meet people who care that much anymore.

I think the war has gone to iPhone vs Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Solaris is where it's at.

Advertisement