Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you apply to the teaching council while studying your PME?

Options
  • 05-12-2014 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

As the title says really can you apply to the teaching council while studying your PME?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Dr Crippen wrote: »
    As the title says really can you apply to the teaching council while studying your PME?

Apply as what though? Only qualified teachers can register. If you're still studying for the PME, you're not qualified yet and therefore can't register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Dr Crippen

I am pretty sure you could previously

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I think you register in further education and then its switched over when you qualify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    I think you register in further education and then its switched over when you qualify

Do you not need a separate qualification for FE?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I remember a TP student telling me that the teaching council allowed you to do it but you had to be in the course, just allowed you to be paid for subbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    I remember a TP student telling me that the teaching council allowed you to do it but you had to be in the course, just allowed you to be paid for subbing.

Asfaik you simply can't be paid for subbing now as unqualified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Dr Crippen

Yeah it appears now they have taken away the appllication to join, I am almost certain you could previously.

By doing that it prevents you from using certain online teaching resources as some require a teaching council registration number to register with them.

It's baffling really the stuff the council do

Advertisement