Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parrot mki9100

Options
  • 21-05-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

I have a Parrot mki9100 car kit that I bought around 2010. I have been using an iPhone 4 with it but I am buying a Samsung S6 soon and I need a cable converter. The car kit has a 30-pin input (the large end of what is in this pic:http://www.winddeal.net/image/32420/32420-BK.jpg).
    It is a fairly large upgrade for a cable; going from iPhone 4 to the latest Samsung. I haven't been able to find a cable converter online that does this. Is there actually one out there?The car kit has Bluetooth and I am sure it would pick up the Galaxy with that but I would rather have the cable.
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

You'll need a new cable I think. There isn't a 30 pin to usb connector that I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

horgan_p wrote: »
    You'll need a new cable I think. There isn't a 30 pin to usb connector that I've ever seen

It's not actually a 30-pin to USB I need but a 30 pin to Samsung Galaxy s6. I think you can get them for the s5 but not for the s6. The bluetooth in the Parrott will pick up the Galaxy I assume. What I might do when I get the Galaxy is leave the iPhone in the car connected to the Parrott and just use it as a music player. It won't have a sim card as I will have that moved to the Galaxy but that should not prevent the music player from working.

Advertisement