Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Liverpool vs Marseilles - CL Group Stage Round 1 (16/09)

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I don't think you are as smart as you would like to believe.

Pundits like Dunphy and laymen like yourself

And secondly, you tend to A) believe that there is only one way to skin the cat B) hang your hats on the fabled impact that one of the players who isn't featuring at any point would surely bring.

But the real acid test will be how close the next guy in will get
    And u know me from adam?
    How smart am I?

Funny thing is i find its the laymen who tend to buy into the bluff and guff, gives them an in, feel like they are part of it.

Calling strangers layman, so im a layman i guess that makes you the manager of a pro team?
    yr not a layman as well are you???

& no im not the guy in the pub shouting his mouth off, im tend to be the guy sitting 5 yards away who people ask for the opinion of, youll be glad to know its pretty much gyles's fair, me not understanding the modern game and all

Everywhere I look all i see is Football Manager and guardian journo speak(not saying u play or read either)

I never mentioned Alonso or any player for that matter
    acid test!?

Giving away the ball cheaply works in europe
    men paid 30-100 grand a week cant pass ball 5 yards, run off the shoulder and get it back?

enough, if thats football, show me to the polo ponies!

ps funny when i say the same things but not about Liverpool you agree with me
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57104122&postcount=50
    was i as smart as i think i am last week? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

elshambo wrote: »
    And u know me from adam?
    How smart am I?

Funny thing is i find its the laymen who tend to buy into the bluff and guff, gives them an in, feel like they are part of it.

Calling strangers layman, so im a layman i guess that makes you the manager of a pro team?
    yr not a layman as well are you???

& no im not the guy in the pub shouting his mouth off, im tend to be the guy sitting 5 yards away who people ask for the opinion of, youll be glad to know its pretty much gyles's fair, me not understanding the modern game and all

Everywhere I look all i see is Football Manager and guardian journo speak(not saying u play or read either)

I never mentioned Alonso or any player for that matter
    acid test!?

Giving away the ball cheaply works in europe
    men paid 30-100 grand a week cant pass ball 5 yards, run off the shoulder and get it back?

enough, if thats football, show me to the polo ponies!

ps funny when i say the same things but not about Liverpool you agree with me
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57104122&postcount=50
    was i as smart as i think i am last week? ;)

I may not know you from adam - but I can comment on your posts and, most crucially, the tone of your posts in this thread. You have adopted a regal mightier than thou stance and deemed fit to dismiss those who disagreed with Eamo and the boys on RTE this evening as not worthy of supporting Liverpool.

I used the terms Layman and pundit to distinguish those who write on message boards or discuss the game over pints from those who work in the media and get paid for their opinions. I am neither journalist or coach - I'm just a fan. But I don't appreciate any suggestion that I "don't belong anywhere near a football or football club".

I liked your post on the England squad because you were the only person up to that point in the thread who could see the value in calling up a midfield player with a different playing style to Barry, Hargreaves / Gerrard, Lampard. However, I would not go to the extremes of your apparent position that because Bullard is a center mid in the traditional sense it makes him a more useful player than Gerrard.

Given that under Benitez we have won / last 16 / runners up / semi - final in four years in the toughest club cup competition in the world I'm going to say that what he and the team does in Europe works. You can call it giving the ball away cheaply with a disdainful wave - I'll call it sitting deep and defending well while attempting to break quickly when getting possession. Your anecdotal opinion on what comprises effective football in Europe is less relevant than the cold hard stats above. And it isn't as if we have had dream draws and played pushover sides each of the four years. Benitez has beaten the best over two legs consistently.

Liverpool are a stable top four premiership side that have performed excellently in the CL in the recent past. In fact, our consistent premiership position and good European form stretches back as far as Houllier when we won the UEFA cup (beating Roma and Barcelona along the way) and were minutes away from a CL semi - final berth the following season. Accepting that the strength and depth of the Continental leagues ebb and flow to some extent from season to season and it is somewhat difficult to quantify accurately how the top teams from each country compare - I don't think it would be TOO much of a stretch to say that Liverpool have generally been somewhere from the 6th to 20th best side in Europe during each of the past eight seasons (I wouldn't like to get drawn on the details of that - my point should be clear).

Now, for all of those seasons, we have played what people would label "negative" football with a squad short on players in the mould of Pirlo / Fabregas / Xavi type midfield playmakers. So while we may not play football the way you deem it should be played - it seems to ****ing work to some extent! For all the teams in all the European leagues, we are up there with the best of them. Consistently. Playing "hold on" football.

You seem convinced that football is really, really simple. Pass and move, keep it tight at the back, have width and balance and, PRESTO!, success will surely follow. When you get a lead away from home in a hostile environment don't sweat it - just hold onto the ball and let them get tired and demoralized chasing you. And if you're not doing that you are dull or negative or rubbish or not upholding the fine legacy of Liverpool football club. :rolleyes:

You see, I really don't think it is anything like that simple or easy. Every team we will play this year (excepting a potential non - league FA Cup opponent) will have studied how we play, know our players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their tendencies. They will be in top physical shape. They will often play slightly harder against us because of our tradition and history. They will have class players of their own. Or players that are where they are just because they work their balls off or understand the game. Benitez takes all of that on board and then goes out and plays the way he does to counter it. And it has brought success in some areas. And it has brought improvement in others. And it is currently bringing results. As long as we stay towards the top and are gradually inching closer to the summit I really think that pundits or anyone declaring that he has it all wrong and should do it all differently must either be unbelievably arrogant or stupid. Or both.

So you can dismiss our current crop of players and the coaching staff and write them off (even when they go deep in Europe with regularity and are showing an improved consistency of results overall may I add), yearning for a managerial change and sweep of the squad so that we can play a version of total football which you believe is so simple and obvious. Meanwhile I will continue to contend that getting to the very summit of English and European football is much harder now than it was in 1977 - and that there is not (and has not been) anyone available and interested over the past five years who can get us closer in a shorter timeframe than Benitez.

The Acid Test will be what his successor can achieve with this club in the current or future footballing climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

podge018 wrote: »
    Liverpool will never do right in the eyes of the RTE panel, we hurt them too much in Istanbul, and Rafa made Dunphy look too big a fool for him to ever forget it, he'll have to have dig after dig after dig until Rafa gets sacked and THEN Dunphy will be right.

We beat these 4-0 last December and did we get much credit that night? Nah, picked away at little faults in the team, how they let themselves get in that must win position in the first place etc etc.

Take them with a pinch of salt.

ah FFS let it go. RTE panel are a pack of planks. If Liverpool win the league this season it will be because everybody else was rubbish this year and it was handed to them on a plate. TBH i stopped watching football on RTE after the Barca game when we played them off the pitch at Nou Camp and still got called rubbish. Most knowledgeable football fans laugh at the RTE panel as they are so far out of touch with the modern game it's pathetic. As for Souness calling Rafa a lucky manager dont get me started on that taking money from the s*n newspaper ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I may not know you from adam - but I can comment on your posts and, most crucially, the tone of your posts in this thread. You have adopted a regal mightier than thou stance and deemed fit to dismiss those who disagreed with Eamo and the boys on RTE this evening as not worthy of supporting Liverpool.

I used the terms Layman and pundit to distinguish those who write on message boards or discuss the game over pints from those who work in the media and get paid for their opinions. I am neither journalist or coach - I'm just a fan. But I don't appreciate any suggestion that I "don't belong anywhere near a football or football club".

I liked your post on the England squad because you were the only person up to that point in the thread who could see the value in calling up a midfield player with a different playing style to Barry, Hargreaves / Gerrard, Lampard. However, I would not go to the extremes of your apparent position that because Bullard is a center mid in the traditional sense it makes him a more useful player than Gerrard.

Given that under Benitez we have won / last 16 / runners up / semi - final in four years in the toughest club cup competition in the world I'm going to say that what he and the team does in Europe works. You can call it giving the ball away cheaply with a disdainful wave - I'll call it sitting deep and defending well while attempting to break quickly when getting possession. Your anecdotal opinion on what comprises effective football in Europe is less relevant than the cold hard stats above. And it isn't as if we have had dream draws and played pushover sides each of the four years. Benitez has beaten the best over two legs consistently.

Liverpool are a stable top four premiership side that have performed excellently in the CL in the recent past. In fact, our consistent premiership position and good European form stretches back as far as Houllier when we won the UEFA cup (beating Roma and Barcelona along the way) and were minutes away from a CL semi - final berth the following season. Accepting that the strength and depth of the Continental leagues ebb and flow to some extent from season to season and it is somewhat difficult to quantify accurately how the top teams from each country compare - I don't think it would be TOO much of a stretch to say that Liverpool have generally been somewhere from the 6th to 20th best side in Europe during each of the past eight seasons (I wouldn't like to get drawn on the details of that - my point should be clear).

Now, for all of those seasons, we have played what people would label "negative" football with a squad short on players in the mould of Pirlo / Fabregas / Xavi type midfield playmakers. So while we may not play football the way you deem it should be played - it seems to ****ing work to some extent! For all the teams in all the European leagues, we are up there with the best of them. Consistently. Playing "hold on" football.

You seem convinced that football is really, really simple. Pass and move, keep it tight at the back, have width and balance and, PRESTO!, success will surely follow. When you get a lead away from home in a hostile environment don't sweat it - just hold onto the ball and let them get tired and demoralized chasing you. And if you're not doing that you are dull or negative or rubbish or not upholding the fine legacy of Liverpool football club. :rolleyes:

You see, I really don't think it is anything like that simple or easy. Every team we will play this year (excepting a potential non - league FA Cup opponent) will have studied how we play, know our players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their tendencies. They will be in top physical shape. They will often play slightly harder against us because of our tradition and history. They will have class players of their own. Or players that are where they are just because they work their balls off or understand the game. Benitez takes all of that on board and then goes out and plays the way he does to counter it. And it has brought success in some areas. And it has brought improvement in others. And it is currently bringing results. As long as we stay towards the top and are gradually inching closer to the summit I really think that pundits or anyone declaring that he has it all wrong and should do it all differently must either be unbelievably arrogant or stupid. Or both.

So you can dismiss our current crop of players and the coaching staff and write them off (even when they go deep in Europe with regularity and are showing an improved consistency of results overall may I add), yearning for a managerial change and sweep of the squad so that we can play a version of total football which you believe is so simple and obvious. Meanwhile I will continue to contend that getting to the very summit of English and European football is much harder now than it was in 1977 - and that there is not (and has not been) anyone available and interested over the past five years who can get us closer in a shorter timeframe than Benitez.

The Acid Test will be what his successor can achieve with this club in the current or future footballing climate.

Great post. Enjoyable read. Does this mean that I know nothing of football now? :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

Tusky wrote: »
    Phew.

Positives:

Babel was fantastic, really really good.

Are you kidding? The last 20 minutes Babel looked lethargic and lazy. He just cannot play for 90 minutes it seems even though he doesn't put in half the workrate of soem of the other guys.

I was raging a couple of times in the last half hour when Arbeloa and Kuyt made a run up the right, were trying some short passing with Babel standing in front of them. There was no pass on and Babel just stands there beside the defender cos he's too bollixed to make a run. I mean he's a 21 FFS, how can he constantly be tired looking in games at that age. Every time he starts a game he is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Babel pissed me off no end towards the end of the match, not attempting to win balls. ****ing hate that. Gimme Dirk Kuyt anyday of the week! :);)

On RTE, they are a joke, always have been, when watching them, just try not to get aggitated and enjoy the comedy. See Dunphy last night for example, looking at the Inter teams players, reaches Cambiasso in the list;

"now Cameronasi(sp?), Italian player we all know about, past his best" or something to that extent.....emmmm, no Eammon, you are talking about the TOTALLY wrong player :)

or Rafa has only bought donkeys except Torres, before going on to say positive things about Babel,Reina,Mascherano and Alonso :rolleyes:

or Rafa should not have bought Arbeloa,Lucas and one other donkey, and should have bought Tevez instead with that money.....emmmmm Eamo, Tevez is costing 30 plus million?!

comical.

As for the game last night, won at a canter. easy. sure there was a couple of tight moments and Carra looked a little off the boil but i aint worried, i really do have much more confidence in this squad than i have in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,212 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i am absolutely disgusted with the RTE panel, made my blood boil last night, altho i should know better.

The fact of the matter was, that liverpool won a tricky away european tie, while resting a number of key players, that whole point was lost on them.

Souness - should be ashamed of himself, he of all people is in no position to criticise benitez's management of liverpool, has he forgotten how difficult a job it is and how he fared

Giles - to be fair while i dont agree withe everything he says, at least he comes to conclusions based on what he has seen and how he thinks the game should be played

Dunphy - it has gone beyond a joke, he is a disgrace and no other tv channel would give him the air time to go on his incoherent factually incorrect rants.

Benitez doesnt want his teams to have the ball -

Look at clips of his valencia side
    Look at liverpool in 85-90% of their games, they dominate possesion

In european games away, it happens every team, if they are in the lead they sit back and invite the opposition on, either its tiredness, loack of concentration or a bit of both. Im sure Benitez wasnt happy about it, but it happens.

Benitez has spend 200m -

A figure he picked out of his ass and made no reference to net spend and number of players he had to buy with that money

He could have got tevez for the price of lucas, arbeloa and kuyt -

yeah he could have, but he needed a right back, a cm and a cf with the 20m he had not one player

Lucas was £5m, deco was free -

he was corrected by giles and souness that deco was 8m, then passed that off as nothing.

The point that lucas is a young player with his whole career ahead of him and is on 20k a week versus a 31 year old on 80-100k per week seems lost on him

The man is a raving lunatic and he makes my head hurt :mad:

maybe one of the mods could take some of the comments on the RTE panel by myself and others and give them their own thread?

over the course of the season most threads end up discussing them, they may as well have their own superthread of sorts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

why did Liverpool not have their sponsor on their jersey last night? Apologies if asked already

dubmick wrote: »
    why did Liverpool not have their sponsor on their jersey last night? Apologies if asked already

cant have alcohol sponsership in euro games

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

dubmick wrote: »
    Think its because its Carlsberg and EU laws or something forbid advertising Drink.

Guess but i think thats it.

EDIT, i was right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jaysus alot of reading there. Its true that RTE are extremely OTT, Dunphy especially, but in Rafas defense he has brought the Champions Leauge to a club that looked like they were going seriously backwards from their glory days when I was growing up. Sure he has been guilty of terrible squad rotation techniques and some dodgey buys but who hasnt.

Alex Ferguson revampt his Manchester United squad between 1989-1992, some say he got lucky others say he was a genius. But it did take him 3 1/2 seasons before he won a trophy. Yes it was a different era/situation (Old trafford was a mess -alcos, big Ron doing it his way, 8 people at training etc) but I think this is the season when Rafa is to be judged. He's gone out and spent big on two strikers and two wingers (areas were Liverpool fans have been crying out for improvement). I get what Giles was saying regarding quantity/quality, and I know Marseille where decent at times last night, but Pool still won away from home and bet the Champions of England and Europe well just 3 days before. Lets just see how he does this year.

Dossena is a donkey though!

Oh and whats with "irish soccer update" regarding Reading, not a word about Pats game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

CHD wrote: »
    Think its because its Carlsberg and EU laws or something forbid advertising Drink.

Guess but i think thats it.

EDIT, i was right!

Only in France though isn't it??? Otherwise we would never be able to have it in Euro games.
    Pretty sure the jersey was bare against Toulose last year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Mr Alan wrote: »
    maybe one of the mods could take some of the comments on the RTE panel by myself and others and give them their own thread?

over the course of the season most threads end up discussing them, they may as well have their own superthread of sorts?

Good call, there should be a "Punditry of pundits - What rubbish have they spouted about your team/match today?" sticky superthread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

+1 for that, would be an amusing retrospective read by seasons end.

Mike

It was like he was waiting for Pool to slip up, imagine if Marseille finished off one or two of those chances in they dying moments? He'd be looking for Rafas head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,580 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »

On RTE, they are a joke, always have been, when watching them, just try not to get aggitated and enjoy the comedy.

Yeah that Dunphy is a crazy Bástárd he actually said last night that he thought Babel was a decent player. :eek:

Boggles wrote: »
    Yeah that Dunphy is a crazy Bástárd he actually said last night that he thought Babel was a decent player. :eek:

more blatant trolling

good lad :rolleyes:

back in your box boggles.

Cyrus wrote: »
    more blatant trolling

good lad :rolleyes:

lol enough of that goes on in the Man United thread by certain people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not a good player, a great player.

Trilla wrote: »
    lol enough of that goes on in the Man United thread by certain people

i dont know anything about that,

i couldnt give two flying ****s about united unless they are playing liverpool

therefore i dont contribute in their threads.

And it has nothing to do with boggles trolling here

meow! Relax would you
    Therefore i dont contribute in their threads.

woh its us and them...grrrrr.
    And it has nothing to do with boggles trolling here.

Just pointing out it seems to be a common thing on threads in the soccer forum lately, and is done in other areas. Besides, it wasn't that bad what he said. It is debatable regarding Babels talents (personally I like him, especially in a central role).

Just pointing out it seems to be a common thing on threads in the soccer forum lately, and is done in other areas. Besides, it wasn't that bad what he said. It is debatable regarding Babels talents (personally I like him, especially in a central role).

It's more due to the fact that we only ever see Boggles round here when he's got a funny / sniping comment like that to make.

Funnily enough, didn't see too much of him on here from Mid afternoon on Saturday.
    That's not a dig a Utd fans either. He spends a lot of time in here if something bad is happening.

I wasn't aware that many Pool fans bothered with the Utd thread. I got the impression it was the other way round.

i dont know anything about that,

therefore i dont contribute in their threads.

And it has nothing to do with boggles trolling here
    ibh wrote: »
    It's more due to the fact that we only ever see Boggles round here when he's got a funny / sniping comment like that to make.

Round Here???

Oh Bad Boggles said something negative about a Liverpool player, Swoon, Swoon. Troll, Troll!

It was a fúckíng joke relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

:D:D:D:D:D
    Feel the love!
    :p:p:p

I wasn't aware that many Pool fans bothered with the Utd thread. I got the impression it was the other way round.

Is that such a big deal anyway? yeah its annoying well people do things to rise people in threads but sure cest la vie ya know. Im a Manchester United fan, have been all my life (although day by day I'm growing into a Bohs fan more so).

But I love discussing football, and I'm not one of these fans that say **** like "I hate team X or Y". There nearest thing to that was the Arsenal team of 8 years ago or so, but that was down to their personnel rather than the club itself. I have lads on my msn with comments like "United Quatre Point" "Scouse 2 - 1 Mancs" etc... dopes but there ya go. I didnt open my mouth past 2 seasons when United did the double over Liverpool but there ya go different strokes for different folks. But football fans are exactly that, and this whole "I couldnt give a **** about them" etc annoys people on a few levels. Theres the who is us and who is them brigade, that consider it ridicolous to call teams from England us and them. Then there is the football fans that just wish that we'd all get along and be intitled to post where we want, and make a little joke regardless of what team we "support"/follow/like the most.

Boggles didnt say anything that bad at all and got jumped on their! Dunphy was getting a rollicking here in this thread about his comments, and jokes where made about him. Boggles made a joke (it is an interesting comment though about Babel) about Dunphy thats all. Maybe targetted at Liverpool fans but if people are gonna start pointing out things so little as that, threads are going to get full up with petty arguments.

We're all fans of the game here lads, ease up a little. It wasnt that bad.

Is that such a big deal anyway? yeah its annoying well people do things to rise people in threads but sure cest la vie ya know. Im a Manchester United fan, have been all my life (although day by day I'm growing into a Bohs fan more so).

But I love discussing football, and I'm not one of these fans that say **** like "I hate team X or Y". There nearest thing to that was the Arsenal team of 8 years ago or so, but that was down to their personnel rather than the club itself. I have lads on my msn with comments like "United Quatre Point" "Scouse 2 - 1 Mancs" etc... dopes but there ya go. I didnt open my mouth past 2 seasons when United did the double over Liverpool but there ya go different strokes for different folks. But football fans are exactly that, and this whole "I couldnt give a **** about them" etc annoys people on a few levels. Theres the who is us and who is them brigade, that consider it ridicolous to call teams from England us and them. Then there is the football fans that just wish that we'd all get along and be intitled to post where we want, and make a little joke regardless of what team we "support"/follow/like the most.

Boggles didnt say anything that bad at all and got jumped on their! Dunphy was getting a rollicking here in this thread about his comments, and jokes where made about him. Boggles made a joke (it is an interesting comment though about Babel) about Dunphy thats all. Maybe targetted at Liverpool fans but if people are gonna start pointing out things so little as that, threads are going to get full up with petty arguments.

to make a soccer analogy boggles wasnt being carded for that foul, its his persistent fouling that has caused the booking :D

to make a soccer analogy boggles wasnt being carded for that foul, its his persistent fouling that has caused the booking :D

Its all so clear now :D. I still love you though Boggles. Boards wouldnt be the same without you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lucky Lloyd, you are now my new hero. They were unbelieveable posts. Covered everything i wanted to say to Elshambo cos if there is one thing i hate more than people talking sh!te, it's people talking sh!te who think they are actually clever or more clever than anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭slingerz

Jaysus alot of reading there. Its true that RTE are extremely OTT, Dunphy especially, but in Rafas defense he has brought the Champions Leauge to a club that looked like they were going seriously backwards from their glory days when I was growing up. Sure he has been guilty of terrible squad rotation techniques and some dodgey buys but who hasnt.

Alex Ferguson revampt his Manchester United squad between 1989-1992, some say he got lucky others say he was a genius. But it did take him 3 1/2 seasons before he won a trophy. Yes it was a different era/situation (Old trafford was a mess -alcos, big Ron doing it his way, 8 people at training etc) but I think this is the season when Rafa is to be judged. He's gone out and spent big on two strikers and two wingers (areas were Liverpool fans have been crying out for improvement). I get what Giles was saying regarding quantity/quality, and I know Marseille where decent at times last night, but Pool still won away from home and bet the Champions of England and Europe well just 3 days before. Lets just see how he does this year.

Dossena is a donkey though!

Oh and whats with "irish soccer update" regarding Reading, not a word about Pats game.

a bit harsh seeing as he only played 2 games or something?!

When i say i couldn't give a fcuk about Utd or that i don't visit their Superthread it's just because the day to day of the club doesn't interest me. Same as most teams.
    I have just noticed that a lot of Utd fans (mostly good posters, with the odd tool now and then) seem to post regularly in the L'pool thread.

Boggles 'joke' is just the usual boll0cks that he comes out with. He has rarely if ever posted anything worthwhile on here.
    I would have the same opinion of any Pool fan who spends his time posting 'witty' remarks about Utd players on their forum. Maybe it was a really funny gag and i just don't share your humour.

TBH i think most people are sick of Boggles posts, for whatever reason.

I'll just do a Terry and get it quashed. :D

Trilla is right too much snapping and petty squibbling e.g.

I said:

Great goal by Stephen Le Tissier, top top quality!

Referring to Gerrards Le Tiss like finish last night.

This poor fella who I must admit makes me laugh with his over protection of his supported club, responded in kind.
    Jazzy wrote: »
    yes but le tiss was renown for being lazy and lethargic which knowing boggles is wat hes trying to hit on

Sometimes you just can't win, no matter what you do. But you can always smile. :D:D:D
    I would have the same opinion of any Pool fan who spends his time posting 'witty' remarks about Utd players on their forum.

???

Anyway another topic derailed by oversensitivity and ghetto mentality.

The One good thing that came out of the match last night was Cheryou, it was a masterful performance, will be keeping a look out for him for the rest of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great post. Enjoyable read. Does this mean that I know nothing of football now? :(

Well, I think we all know an awful lot less than we would like to admit!
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Lucky Lloyd, you are now my new hero. They were unbelieveable posts. Covered everything i wanted to say to Elshambo cos if there is one thing i hate more than people talking sh!te, it's people talking sh!te who think they are actually clever or more clever than anyone else!

Cheers! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

but ya see boggles, i was right.
    pretty much every single one of your posts is laced in anti-liverpool bias. almost no matter wat its about, there will always be a hit against liverpool.
    im a constant critic of a lot of pool fans on this forum for unrealistic attitudes and over the top defence of their club, but with you its different. with you its like a game ya see. in every post you have to construct new methods of taking a dig at liverpool while not looking like your directly trolling. your pretty good at it i agree and if this were a gaming forum or some such and you were slagging say Playstation fanboys or something then it would be funny. but alas, its not. its a football forum and one that grows more and more frustrating to read every day and you would be one of the reasons why that is.

why dont you do something contructive in here like comment on LuckyLoyd's or elshambo's posts and actually try and look like you are contributing rather then trying to find the next way to put down liverpool.
    remember tho, if you are actually going to talk about football and how its played etc. then the oppositions right backs are up against the other teams left wingers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

(hee hee hee)

Bangkok!!!

:p

but ya see boggles, i was right.
    pretty much every single one of your posts is laced in anti-liverpool bias. almost no matter wat its about, there will always be a hit against liverpool.
    im a constant critic of a lot of pool fans on this forum for unrealistic attitudes and over the top defence of their club, but with you its different. with you its like a game ya see. in every post you have to construct new methods of taking a dig at liverpool while not looking like your directly trolling. your pretty good at it i agree and if this were a gaming forum or some such and you were slagging say Playstation fanboys or something then it would be funny. but alas, its not. its a football forum and one that grows more and more frustrating to read every day and you would be one of the reasons why that is.

why dont you do something contructive in here like comment on LuckyLoyd's or elshambo's posts and actually try and look like you are contributing rather then trying to find the next way to put down liverpool.
    remember tho, if you are actually going to talk about football and how its played etc. then the oppositions right backs are up against the other teams left wingers ;)

You do make me Giggle Jazzy, what has that nonsense above got to do with the topic of the thread? Maybe you should stop stalking my posts and concentrate on not being hyper sensitive over your chosen team. Your only real contribution is having a go at me, it is flattering in a (scary) way I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I love Boogles.

You make the work days fly by sometimes mate.:D

Boggles wrote: »
    You do make me Giggle Jazzy, what has that nonsense above got to do with the topic of the thread? Maybe you should stop stalking my posts and concentrate on not being hyper sensitive over your chosen team. Your only real contribution is having a go at me, it is flattering in a (scary) way I suppose.

and u slag me for 'predictable' replies? of course it has nothing to do with the topic, but it does have to do with ur replies on pretty much every thread.
    stalking ur posts? i read any thread thats remotely related to liverpool (some that are not at all) and ur there, trolling away. and no, im not hyper sensitive about liverpool.. in the slightest. but of course u saying that is just another way to make it seem like i dont know wat im talking about.

i do notice tho how ur not really able to defend urself about wat i said tho, me thinks im hitting on the truth... or is it just all OPINIONS ?

and u slag me for 'predictable' replies? of course it has nothing to do with the topic, but it does have to do with ur replies on pretty much every thread.
    stalking ur posts? i read any thread thats remotely related to liverpool (some that are not at all) and ur there, trolling away. and no, im not hyper sensitive about liverpool.. in the slightest. but of course u saying that is just another way to make it seem like i dont know wat im talking about.

i do notice tho how ur not really able to defend urself about wat i said tho, me thinks im hitting on the truth... or is it just all OPINIONS ?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

ahh, the aloof yet smugly amused defence. i see you've played forums before

Advertisement