Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic report system

Options
  • 21-05-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

In my new car there is a traffic report button. It seems to work with the built in satnav and RDS radio. I have seen it report anything. Do we have such a service in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

If have traffic on my Garmin gps but I have only ever seen it work on major roads and around Dublin. My experience of it is not great, I don't know if it is just because mine is an older model but it seems to treat the entire M7 as one road, regardless of where the delay is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have been stuck on the m50 a few times and nothing came up.

A trip to VW might be in order to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I have been stuck on the m50 a few times and nothing came up.

A trip to VW might be in order to ask.

It don't work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

Waze is your friend I use it on my commute from Maynooth to Cherrywood and back everyday and it's very good. It's lead me astray a couple of times but I find it knows of incidents before road watch etc and is pretty good at routing around traffic where it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

+1 for Waze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Google Navigation, it uses other Android devices movements to work out how slow traffic is moving.

https://www.ncta.com/platform/broadband-internet/how-google-tracks-traffic/

Very handy :)

Advertisement