Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Name of these crimps

Options
  • 25-03-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Hope somebody can tell me the name for these crimps and where i can get a few also need a tool or advice how to crimp them correctly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Sorry buddy, there are a jillion different crimps and identifying them from a photo is near impossible. Not least because there could be 20 identically shaped crimps in different sizes.

My best advise is to take some measurements and trawl ie.farnell.com until you find something close

A decent crimping tool will also cost 200-500 euro. You'll have to survive with a needle nose pliers. Fold the back tabs on the insulation and second tabs on the copper

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

spade terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Thanks for the advice have the lights ordered will make up harness when I get a chance, then will tackle the crimps when I have the dash apart

mawk wrote: »
    Sorry buddy, there are a jillion different crimps and identifying them from a photo is near impossible. Not least because there could be 20 identically shaped crimps in different sizes.

My best advise is to take some measurements and trawl ie.farnell.com until you find something close

A decent crimping tool will also cost 200-500 euro. You'll have to survive with a needle nose pliers. Fold the back tabs on the insulation and second tabs on the copper

Sorry for slow reply mental at work trawled through farnell think I found them only prob min spend 20euro on a private debit card.
    Trying to think what else I could need to bring it up think the crimps are only couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

heatshrink, cable ties, solder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Melodeon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

mawk wrote: »
    A decent crimping tool will also cost 200-500 euro.

One from the bottom of the barrel can be had for a fiver though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

crasy dash wrote: »
    Sorry for slow reply mental at work trawled through farnell think I found them only prob min spend 20euro on a private debit card.
    Trying to think what else I could need to bring it up think the crimps are only couple of euro.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-13658-5-Way-Crimping-Terminal/dp/B0001K9PBY

Get a cheap pack of heat shrink too. Smallest crimps in that set are 1.5mm.

FFS I was stuck a while ago and got a pack off heat shrink in maplin. Something like 15 euro for about 10 wraps :/. 127 here for half the price! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-61299-127pc-Shrink-Assortment/dp/B001MJ0BIY/ref=pd_sim_diy_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CXEXPVGE019R22SX6DS

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Looks like the repair wire terminals VW use. part number 000979019

Used them here in my car.

Looks like the repair wire terminals VW use. part number 000979019

Used them here in my car.

Great stuff black knight I have tried ordering over the phone with the local Audi dealer in limerick but there painful to deal with.

Have been busy the last month my new son has arrived will keep you updated when I get a chance to fit the foot well lights and glovebox light.

• Advertisement
Advertisement