Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's your worst nightmare?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,966 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kensutz wrote: »
    Gary Doherty
    You just reminded of another one, Gary Breen.
    And Phil Babb as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Chris Sutton ....

what a disaster...

jackdaw wrote: »
    Chris Sutton ....

what a disaster...

I honestly thought he was decent. He'd at least give you effort. Ok he was shit with Chelsea but he did help Blackburn win the title along side Alan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

monkey9 wrote: »
    That bloke Boogers, isn't he dead now??

Nope, he is actually still involved in football. manager of some kind with FC Dordrecht, 1st division club in Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

There can be only one. Winston Bogarde!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

liam "penalty" ridgewell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

eagle eye wrote: »
    And Phil Babb as well.

Carlows finest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i hate darren fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

i hate darren fletcher
    Been Uniteds best player this season. Has come on leaps and bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Ji-Sung Park. As much as i like his effort and i'd say he's a nice guy, he is nowhere near the level of a Manchester United player. I never have confidence that he will do anything once he gets near the box.

For Ireland it would have to be Paul Butler, worst player to ever earn a cap for us, it gives me the shivers to remember him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭rednik

As previously mentioned Ali Dia. Certainly gives Graeme Souness nightmares from his Southampton days.

Chris Sutton ....

what a disaster...
    He was fantastic with both Norwich and Blackburn. He had a bad spell at Chelsea but then went on to become a great player for Celtic. He has PL medal and was crucial to winning it, he won a couple of SPL titles with Celtic as well and really made a difference in his career.

rednik wrote: »
    As previously mentioned Ali Dia. Certainly gives Graeme Souness nightmares from his Southampton days.
    Yeah I mentioned him. He was without doubt the biggest con of all time and the worst player to play in the PL. I think it was George Weah that recommended him. They were cousins or believed to be related anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

David Bellion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Chris Sutton ....

what a disaster...

Sutton is a legend at Norwich

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah I mentioned him. He was without doubt the biggest con of all time and the worst player to play in the PL. I think it was George Weah that recommended him. They were cousins or believed to be related anyways.

God no, please don't tarnish Weah with that ****e. Dia's agent rang up clubs pretending to be George Weah and came up with the cousin story. Souness was the only numpty stupid enough to believe him.

God no, please don't tarnish Weah with that ****e. Dia's agent rang up clubs pretending to be George Weah and came up with the cousin story. Souness was the only numpty stupid enough to believe him.
    Lol. Yeah I forgot that bit, when it first came out it was Weah who had recommended him but that quickly changed. Sorry George Weah.:D

Actually Souness has a bit of a reputation for this, he signed Grabbi when he was with Blackburn, a hopeless case as well. We all thought he was the new messiah when he arrived. It was a shocking waste of money. Actually I have a new worst nightmare and you will get the picture shortly. He also spent a fortune on Julian Dicks when at Liverpool. He bought both Luque and Stephen Carr when at Newcastle iirc. So in summation its not Ali Dia anymore.

Bigger writing required for this as its a certainty in my mind.The Worst Nightmare possible for any club

Director of Football with complete control over transfers

Graeme Souness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Roddy Collins managing Rovers or Mike Hooper back in goal for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

SectionF wrote: »
    Chris Turner, no contest. :mad:

Ill raise you Sean Cooney
    Des wrote: »
    I thought you would have said Fenlon, with him signing all and sundry on massive contracts when the money obviously isn't there (at the moment) to back them up. No?

Started the season with the 4th biggest budget and nobody is getting massive long contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mendieta, jesus christ did he f*cking bomb... :pac::pac:

Then of course there is;

Roberto Bonano
    Victor Baia
    Robert Enke
    Phillipe Christinval
    Dani
    Emanuel Petit
    Gabri
    Gerard
    Rochemback
    Dutruel
    Mario
    Dehu
    Blanc
    Dugarry

Yes, alot of people that were absolute sh*t for Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

bohsman wrote: »
    Worst player I've ever seen for Harps, he was dire

bohsman wrote: »

That made me lol Oscar

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Massimo Taibi has been mentioned 3 times so far (I think) but really has to be mentioned again. I was 11 years old when he was with United, and I was already a better goalkeeper than he was. He made Kleberson, Djemba x2, Bellion, etc looks like football genius.

No Arsenal fan has mentioned Giles Grimandi

Shocked lads, shocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Have two that I can remember off hand. Jean-Michel Ferri. Arrived at liverpool as the 'insurance policy' never played a game and not sure what the insurance policy. But by far the best story that I heard, and of course it's best that it happened to our closest rivals Everton, is Per Koldrup the guys who was so bad his manager said he was permanently injured even though he wasn't. IIRC he made his debut from the bench and was so shocking he was subbed. I stand to be corrected by any Evertonians out there about his debut but he was definately the worst player I have ever seen on a football pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

No Arsenal fan has mentioned Giles Grimandi

Shocked lads, shocked!

Don't see why he should be mentioned! He did well for the club. I just checked his stats and over the same amount of games as Paddy Vieria, he was sent off less. He did a good role for the club and could play in various positions.

I would prefer to forget the signing of Stepanovs!! At fault for every goal in the 6-1 Man Utd fiasco a while ago even after being subbed!

Edit: forgot Richard Wright and the fox in the box (Francis Jeffers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Great keeper, but Barthez.

There was always that lingering fear he'd make a balls of it.

Taibi was bloody awful for us too. Consistently.

Paul Scholes when you're defending deserves an honourable mention. Great player, wonderfully skilled, but my God he cannot tackle.

Advertisement