Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk vs Shelbourne Tonight 7.45

• 18-09-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Going to be a cracking game tonight. A win for Dundalk would give them a massive adavantage into the last few games.

Might head along.

Couldnt call it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

I expect a big match from Shelbourne and they will get something for the game.

League Results
    Republic of Ireland Premier Division
    2008 Dundalk 1-3 Shelborne
    27.01.2002 Dundalk 1-2 Shelbourne
    27.08.2001 Dundalk 1-1 Shelbourne
    08.04.1999 Dundalk 1-2 Shelbourne
    15.10.1998 Dundalk 1-2 Shelbourne

The 3 possible scorelines are 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3. I will go for 1-2 Shels.

The title race is back on tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Going to be immense! Shels still have a game in hand, regardless of the outcome, but a win would hopefully see some momentum swing our way!

I'm so nervous I physically feel sick! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I hope it's an absolute cracker, with a great atmosphere, and that we somehow nab the three points,but I feel both sides maybe afraid of losing.

I'll put my neck on the line and predict a 1-0 win for the Reds with a late peno clinching it.

THE NERVES!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I'm taking a 1-0 to Dundalk with a great atmosphere and a tense game.

I'm really expecting a draw but i think we can do it and we'll be up for it after losing against Shels already this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Gareth37 wrote: »
    I expect a big match from Shelbourne and they will get something for the game.

League Results
    Republic of Ireland Premier Division
    2008 Dundalk 1-3 Shelborne
    27.01.2002 Dundalk 1-2 Shelbourne
    27.08.2001 Dundalk 1-1 Shelbourne
    08.04.1999 Dundalk 1-2 Shelbourne
    15.10.1998 Dundalk 1-2 Shelbourne

The 3 possible scorelines are 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3. I will go for 1-2 Shels.

The title race is back on tonight!
    Good man Finn. Love the way you picked out 5 random league results( going back almost 10 years!) to make it seem that Shels have had the upper hand in this contest.

The recent stats tell a different story. Sine both teams have started to play each other in the 1st Div, Dundalk have won 4 drawn 2 and lost 2.

Reckon Dundalk can grab a win. Showed against Waterford a couple of weeks back that we can perform in the big games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

2-0 to the Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Pighead wrote: »
    Good man Finn. Love the way you picked out 5 random league results( going back almost 10 years!) to make it seem that Shels have had the upper hand in this contest.

The recent stats tell a different story. Sine both teams have started to play each other in the 1st Div, Dundalk have won 4 drawn 2 and lost 2.

Reckon Dundalk can grab a win. Showed against Waterford a couple of weeks back that we can perform in the big games.

Thanks Pighead. Are you still working for the bookies?

If you are tipping Dundalk I will double up on a Shels win :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

C'Mon the town!!!

seems to be as many Dundalk fans as Shels on here!!

Could have a very busy day on here tomorrow depending on the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Happily take the draw tonight.

Absolutely MASSIVE game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

HUGE game, can't wait..2-0 the town!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dundalk 2 -1 Shels.

Another season in the dogyard for Shels. :(

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Thanks Pighead. Are you still working for the bookies?

If you are tipping Dundalk I will double up on a Shels win :eek:
    Hope you didn't lose too much buddy!

Great stuff from Dundalk tonight. Were the better team for almost the whole match. Sloppy late goal made for a nervous ending but even then the Shels keeper had to make a wonder save from Cassidy which would have made it 3-1. I can almost smell the Premier Division at this stage.:)

I can almost smell the Premier Division at this stage.:)
    Nah, that's the burnt nostril hairs since Maxi's antics.

By the way, is that chap banned from Oriel? He was constantly texting Dundalk FM (Muppet Central by the way, them three insufferable cretins) tonight.

just in from the game. Great result, very good game as well. Early goal for the town, Shels came at them for the rest of the first half. Missed a free header at the back post from a corner, centre back i think..

O'Connor got the second early enough in second half. Decent enough goal, don't think original pass was meant for him though.

Shels scored from back post free header at a corner. Very poor marking.
    Bennion made a super save from a 20yd free kick near the end.

Mulvenna had a chance to seal it and as he went to round the keeper about 20 yrds out, the kepper saved with his hands but no free kick and no red card, much to the crowds dismay.

Did u listen on Dundalk FM Des. I'd say you enjoyed what Larry and John had to say...:D

Edit: Just read that you were listening to the boys.. If you don't like them, don't listen....

On a serious note i saw 2 ambulances heading to Oriel just after full time. Don't know what happened though.

ibh wrote: »
    Did u listen on Dundalk FM Des. I'd say you enjoyed what Larry and John had to say...:D

For my sins.

They kept reacting to people's texts about the pitch being an unfair advantage, it was great winding them up.

:D

Edit: Just read that you were listening to the boys.. If you don't like them, don't listen....
    Hang on. YOU'RE ONE OF THEM

They kept on saying that all night too.
    On a serious note i saw 2 ambulances heading to Oriel just after full time. Don't know what happened though.

There was some bottle throwing from the Shels end, afaik. ****.

Des wrote: »
    Nah, that's the burnt nostril hairs since Maxi's antics.

By the way, is that chap banned from Oriel? He was constantly texting Dundalk FM (Muppet Central by the way, them three insufferable cretins) tonight.
    Yep officially banned from Oriel alright. Not sure how strict they are about it though. Think your being harsh on the three lads. Cretins no, spanners maybe.

But they're Dundalkonians so they're loveable spanners. They've been asking for Gills head all season. Reckon they weren't as vocal this evening.

Yep officially banned from Oriel alright. Not sure how strict they are about it though.
    They must be strict about, he was listening on the rayjo same as me.
    Think your being harsh on the three lads. Cretins no, spanners maybe.
    At one stage they were going on about some aul one called "Bernie" and her appendicites which turned out to only be bad gas. This was during the game. Wtf?

I hope it wasn't Pighead's mother.
    But they're Dundalkonians so they're loveable spanners. They've been asking for Gills head all season. Reckon they weren't as vocal this evening.

Didn't mention Gill once.

Hang on. YOU'RE ONE OF THEM

They kept on saying that all night too.

1 empty plastic bottle at a lino. Nothing serious. THis was 15mins after end of game. Presumably when away fans were leaving.
    BTW the pitch didn't matter to Shels, it was long ball all the way. Well from when they were 2-0 down anyway..:pac:
    Yep officially banned from Oriel alright. Not sure how strict they are about it though. Think your being harsh on the three lads. Cretins no, spanners maybe.

I don't think they are on John Gill's Xmas card list anyway.
    I think he refuses to talk to them, well John Murphy anyway from what i hear.
    Big fans of Mulvenna though.

• Advertisement

At one stage they were going on about some aul one called "Bernie" and her appendicites which turned out to only be bad gas. This was during the game. Wtf?
    I hope it wasn't Pighead's mother.
    He he, definitely wasn't Mama Pighead Des. She has way too much class for that carry on.
    They're love for Mulvenna is unnatural. I'm convinced one of them is his real father.

1 empty plastic bottle at a lino. Nothing serious.
    Any form of object thrown by little scrotes calling themselves Shels fans is a disgrace to the club.
    THis was 15mins after end of game. Presumably when away fans were leaving.
    Shels fans were held back for 30 minutes.

God knows what it was, it could even have been for a player or something with swelling. Meh.
    BTW the pitch didn't matter to Shels, it was long ball all the way. Well from when they were 2-0 down anyway..:pac:
    Believe me, I know.

With Alan Murphy at RB it was always going to be.

So much so that they called him Mulvanna for the whole match, or is that the accent I can't decipher.

Owwiel Pawwk, DooonDawwwwk, my ears are bleeding.

Anyway, I hope Torpedo don't go up, yous will bottle it at some stage, so that leaves Waherfur to go up ?

So much so that they called him Mulvanna for the whole match, or is that the accent I can't decipher.

Owwiel Pawwk, DooonDawwwwk, my ears are bleeding.

Anyway, I hope Torpedo don't go up, yous will bottle it at some stage, so that leaves Waherfur to go up ?

only 1 team going up and it's us. top of league for nearly whole season and the best team in the league. Last year we were dead on our feet by now. This year were just kicking on now to finsh it off.

Ypu've been predicting an implosion all year, but it's not happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

See ye next year Shels...again.....

See ye next year Shels...again.....

Actually, I meant to say this to you.

A few weeks back when we played ye in Tolka some halfwit Longfordian called Daisy Brennan a "money grabber".

lol, a moneygrabber...going to Shels...the mind boggles.

Wonder if it was the same **** who hurled full coke bottles at Longford players a few months back. Nothing ever came of it though. Cant wait to see if they can drag their knuckles back to the Flansiro in a few weeks made a few good friends.

Wonder if it was the same **** who hurled full coke bottles at Longford players a few months back. Nothing ever came of it though. Cant wait to see if they can drag their knuckles back to the Flansiro in a few weeks made a few good friends.

A couple of years back one such troglodyte was hauled off our bus by the Gardaí for smashing a window in Supermacs in Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, Allah, Buddah, please, let anyone come up but Dundalk.

it was the fact daisy said the night of the cup final he would play with us next season. Still, he isnt a patch on that kunt Freeman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good game. Enjoyed the atmosphere.

Still, he isnt a patch on that kunt Freeman.

Yeah well. He's shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

:(:(:(

Ahhhhhhhhh. Ref and bald linesman were without a doubt given a few brown envelopes. On the match, well not muchto say, horrible performances and we deserved probably nothing more.

I'll believe we'll win the league until it's techinally impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Duff wrote: »
    HUGE game, can't wait..2-0 the town!! :D
    Did you go? :confused:

What a game!

But why can I see us losing to Monaghan? :o

:(:(:(

Ahhhhhhhhh. Ref and bald linesman were without a doubt given a few brown envelopes. On the match, well not muchto say, horrible performances and we deserved probably nothing more.

I'll believe we'll win the league until it's techinally impossible.

What about the handling outside the box in the last few mins. Straight across from me and it was clear as day. Linesman didn't flag, yellow cnut...

Edit: Just though i would add that the atmosphere last night was class and the fans never stopped driving the team on. (and abusing Anto Flood!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm coming in here too have my gloat , I've been quiet for the last while. I cant describe the electricity pumping through me after last nights result. Now to be fair shelbourne to their credit attack in the last ten minutes and it really was squeaky bum time then for dundalk. Just looking at dundalks last 8 fixtures , 4 games at home. Surely this is our year.

Seansouth : how come you didn't head to the match ? It's only up the road.

i cant help laugh at the shamrock rover supporter , hoping that dundalk doesnt go up this year.

Without been smart we will easily bring the biggest away support next season if we go up. The town and supporters have been crying out for this now years. Its finally seems like we are actually going up. I'm still holding my breath though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

eamoss wrote: »
    Did you go? :confused:

What a game!

But why can I see us losing to Monaghan? :o

Yep, wasnt with ''D shed boyz'' though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Disgusted. Hopefully next season is our season but we need a new manager to take over for it. Keely and his stupid team selection decisions have been costing us all season.

Advertisement