Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match thread: Dynamo Kiev vs Arsenal - CL Group Stage Round 1 (17/09)

• 17-09-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭

Playing in Kiev tonight, and Wenger has come out and said that he'd be happy with a draw. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but the fact that we've gone down there twice before, might be why he's so cautious.

Nasri and Silvestre are both out of tonight's game, and Eboue has made a miraculous recovery from been stretchered off from Saturday's game.

I'd say the line up for tonight's game will be pretty much the same as that against Blackburn, but we'll have Vela back too, and probabaly on the bench.

Hoping for the win, but would probably take a draw, as the other two teams will still have to go there, when the winter will be harsher.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I watched a rather poor Drogs team almost knock a full strength Kiev team out in the qualifiers. Wenger should be looking for a win imo and will probably get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Kiev's been a bit of a bogey place for Arsene, going back to when they had Sheva and Rebrov. I'm worried he may give them to much respect as a result, and wouldn't be at all surprised if it ended up a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Wenger has come out and said that he'd be happy with a draw. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear
    Roddy23 wrote:
    Hoping for the win, but would probably take a draw
    So you agree with him then? :confused:
    I'm worried he may give them to much respect as a result
    Think he'll be okay - their results last year show just how far away from the team of ten years ago Kiev are. We've been very solid, patient and efficient in these sorts of matches in Europe the last couple of years and I think tonight will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Since Arsenal have met Kiev last they have improved in Europe and Kiev have gone downhill
    I saw some of the Drogs match and they didn't exactly shine
    I think Wenger in being coy when talking about a draw
    IMO he expects a win and so do I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I know they struggled to beat Drogheda, but did they not convincingly beat Moscow over both legs?

I don't think it would be a disaster if we did draw with them, obviously I'd rather the win, and would be optimistic of securing all three points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal should really be expecting a win here.
    They got a tough group but Id say Kiev are probably the weakest team in it.
    Should be expecting to win this, even away from home, considering they have to go to Fenerbache, which is always a tough place to win...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Anyone got a good stream for this? No chance of getting to see this in the pub, and as usual Man United and Celtic are on terrestrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Arsenal lose tonight, Drogheda are better than them.

FACT:pac:

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=48cad82d0f0d6

Game on here. Way better quality than other streams.

Although I'm not sure that compensates for having to listen to Brian Kerr for 90 minutes.

Half time, 0-0.

Decent enough performance. We've been very solid defensively, Almunia hasn't had to make a save. Song has been very impressive as the sitting midfielder. Not great going forward but we've still had 4 very good chances and should be ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Adebayor better score a hat-trick, he is in my fantasy team.

Missing an easy chance aside, he's been quiet tonight.

... oof, Kyiv hit the post.

Kiev just hit the post there. Almunia was beaten at the near post, but recovered well.

We could do with a goal any time soon.

Missing an easy chance aside

To be fair, that is Adebayor's forte really....

Ah t1ts - Kiev winning thanks to a peno that shouldn't have been.

Sigh lads, sigh...

haha, the ref books Bangoura for diving. Shame he couldn't have done that for the penalty too though.

van Persie and Walcott look shagged.

The amount of times Adebayor gets caught offside in a match, drive ye up the wall. :mad:

Vela on for van Persie. Now would be a great time to score lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I wouldn't hold my breathe Roddy.. Unless your surname is Collins which in that case I would to do the world a favour!

They're piling on the pressure now. I hope they make something of it!

I wouldn't hold my breathe Roddy.. Unless your surname is Collins which in that case I would to do the world a favour!

:pac:

Thank fcuk for Clichy there, could have been 2 down.

Gallas ye beauty

Boy do I feel silly now. Finally made our dominance into a goal!

Totally deserved equaliser. Now lets get a second.

... never going to get a second goal when the ref only adds on 3 minutes, 2 of which was taken up by an injury. Joker.

Oh well, decent point.

nicely edited post there Quazzie ;)

Another case where we are happy with a point gained by a late goal whereas we should've totally steamrolled Dynamo. The only consolation is that its away and we should show thema thing or two at the Emirates

Roddy23 wrote: »
    nicely edited post there Quazzie ;)
    Yea I realised I was a bit too negative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Delighted with that point. The worry for me is that the team fly back tonight, they wont be in London until 3-4am, tough match tonight bound to be tired and Bolton away in a couple of days.

Advertisement