Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jersey letters and numbers

• 30-07-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a Jersey numbered and lettered in North Dublin?
    What can i expect to pay?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Try the sport's shop in Stephen's Green shopping centre or the one in Arnotts. If not that and you have a credit card, just go on your teams website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Any of the JJB's would be your best bet. They do it there and then for you.

Prices are based on how many letters and numbers you want. When I worked there it was a euro a letter and nine euro a number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Elvery's do it for you on the day. 6 euro per number and 80c per letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Is it just PREM font or do they do the Coca Cola Leagues font too?

99% sure it's only Prem and SPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

thanks lads. I got it done in Elverys. 1.25 a letter and 6 a number. Keane 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Prices are based on how many letters and numbers you want. When I worked there it was a euro a letter and nine euro a number.

:eek::eek: Mother of God that is Extortion.
    You could pay 20 euro just for a name and number,thats madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Id say JJB are the only places to do the proper numbering and lettering. every where else does the number and lettering but they are made from that felt material which is crap. They are supposed to be plastic type material. I dont even know if JJB does the plastic numbers over here. I know they do in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

my gawd :eek: you'd have to take out a load to get vennegoor of hesselink on your jersey!

my gawd :eek: you'd have to take out a load to get vennegoor of hesselink on your jersey!

Lol well I have 'Wright-Phillips 29' on one of my City jerseys but I got it done for free due to connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Any of the JJB's would be your best bet. They do it there and then for you.

I think some stores now do a package, the name and number for a fixed price.

Check out www.jomzajung.com for cheap kits, I got a Spain "David Villa 7" jersey for €23 including post/packaging. It looks real, either that or it is a very very good fake. I hear some jerseys are fake, but most national ones are real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Would Elverys' do International jerseys?
    I'm half thinking of getting ''Ibrahimovic 9'' on my Sweden jersey, but think of the cost!
    If I bring the jersey in they do it yeah? Or do you have to buy the jersey there and then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mascherano 20 for me lol fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

www.jomzajung.com is your only man.23 euro a shirt delivered to your door with a players name and number.Have two shirts and i can confirm the quality is as good as the real deal

gixerfixer wrote: »
    www.jomzajung.com is your only man.23 euro a shirt delivered to your door with a players name and number.Have two shirts and i can confirm the quality is as good as the real deal

Yip quality sure is good.
    Got the new Brazil home top the other day off them ,its 100% original.
    This site is good too http://www.thefootballshirt.com/index.php
    ~21 euro delivered with name and number.

Would Elverys' do International jerseys?
    I'm half thinking of getting ''Ibrahimovic 9'' on my Sweden jersey, but think of the cost!
    If I bring the jersey in they do it yeah? Or do you have to buy the jersey there and then?

Yeah they'll do it alright but you'll only get EPL or SPL letters and numbers which will look shite on a Swedish jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

x2

Posting nearly the same price as the jersey, and it is top quality. Fast delivery too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Got Keane 7 done on my shirt for £5 in JJB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Got Keane 7 done on my shirt for £5 in JJB

Was that in the North or UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

In the North, but to get it at the price you had to have bought the top in JJB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where you can get Adidas numbers? Want to get a 10 on the back of an Argentina shirt.

Very, very unlikely to get that mate. I'd suggest looking for them on eBay then when they arrive bring them into the likes of JJB and get them to print it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Very, very unlikely to get that mate. I'd suggest looking for them on eBay then when they arrive bring them into the likes of JJB and get them to print it for you.

Thanks, that's a good idea. Shops would be ok with me bringing numbers in from outside?

Yeah I don't see why not, once you don't get some knob behind the counter. I used to do it all the time when I worked in JJB. Sometimes I didn't even charge for the service as it's essentially just a big iron that does it in about 45 seconds.

Give them a call even first and suss it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Any idea if anywhere does red letters/numbers? as in the Arsenal away kit

JJB did them for that Liverpool white and green kit but the style of print has changed since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

+1 for Jomza Jung.

They all have minor imperfections in the stitching and come from Indonesia which leads many people to believe they are factory seconds. Either that or they are perfect fakes.

Ive bought:
    Dutch home - Snjieder 23
    Spain home - David Villa 7
    Argentina home - Tevez 11

all this summer and they are amazing quality, takes 8 days, great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

gixerfixer wrote: »

Are they actually official products or are they just the next best thing? Very tempted by the Totti 10 jersey but I have bad experience with the quality of fakes having bought them at the side of the road before

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Are they actually official products or are they just the next best thing?

From most reports they are the genuine article.
    Some say they are slight seconds or Class B.
    Class B means it didn't meet quality control standards, but they're usually got hold of by various parties.
    Have a read of this thread here for reviews of the quality of the shirts
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=204726.2400
    You must remember the actual manufacturing cost of replica jerseys is very little ~$5 .
    They are all produced in the Far East by third party sweatshops for Nike,Adidas,Puma etc.
    The humongous mark up is added on afterwards.
    These sites like Jomzajung go direct to the source .
    I have a Brazil home and a Barca away top and I compared them to the originals a friend has and there is absolutely no difference after I studied them for about 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Reviews of www.jomzajung.com seem to be great, so I'll order from them since it was surprisingly difficult to get the new United jersey in Manchester outside of OT :p

However it won't let me select a size... it's a drop-down menu, but does not have any options, whereas it does for other jerseys. Should I take it that it's sold out?

Cheers for the heads up, that's bookmarked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

http://www.thefootballshirt.com/

I bought a couple of jerseys from this site a week or so ago having seen the link on this thread....
    I got a Holland Home Jersey and a Barca Jersey with Messi and they both arrived today....Both are very good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I ordered a jersey off thefootballshirt.com too a few few weeks ago and it still hasent arrived. How long is the average delivery time does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

BFassassin wrote: »
    I ordered a jersey off thefootballshirt.com too a few few weeks ago and it still hasent arrived. How long is the average delivery time does anyone know?
    It took about 9-10 working days for me to get mine....That seems to be about the average....

Just e-mail them with your invoice number to let them know. They reply fairly quickly..
    support@thefootballshirt.com

Advertisement