Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power meters. Anyone buy off powermetershop.de?

Options
  • 20-07-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Thinking of buying a power meter off them.
    Anyone use them?
    Which of the two are more reliable and consistent, stages or garmin vector 2s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

darraghm92 wrote:
    Thinking of buying a power meter off them. Anyone use them? Which of the two are more reliable and consistent, stages or garmin vector 2s?

I'm in the same position, torn between either a stages or vector....think I'm swayed slightly towards the vector as it can be swapped between bikes. My tt bike is full ultegra and the road bike has FSA cranks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I bought my stages from there.Much much cheaper than anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

godtabh wrote: »
    I bought my stages from there.Much much cheaper than anywhere else

How is the stages going for you? Battery drain seems to be a big problem and not sure how stages approach someone who bought it from an online German based site if there was a problem

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Battery drain was an issue. Had a part replaced with a couple of days from stages when it happened. The never batches have solved the problem with a new cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Stay away from stages ...
    I have had mine sent back twice and replaced with a new one .. And I still have to change the battery every 2 weeks
    It's a disaster ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 hillt0p

I bought my Stages from powermeter24.de
    I had some issues with the battery working loose inside the cover. Initially I thought the battery was used, because it stopped transmitting, but in fact it was just coming loose. If I pressed the cover gently, it came back to life. I have fixed the issue by GENTLY bending the battery retaining clip slightly inwards so that it holds the battery more securely. I have also applied two small layers of tape to the inside of the battery cover in order to apply more pressure to the battery. I have not had any issues since. Other than this I am happy with the Stages. Very easy to use and calibrate.

Advertisement