Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I place walk-on videos in a website

Options
  • 22-01-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

We want to make greenscreen videos and lace them on our website, like this: http://websiteactorlive.com/

We can make the videos, but anyone know what package can be used to float the video on the web page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I understand that I'm not answering your question here, and for that I apologise. I just couldn't help but reply having face palmed when reading your post and just going through this same thing with a client recently. I hope you don't mean a video to play automatically. If you do....

Please don't put one on your website. Please.

From a user perspective, they're horrible and they will actually stop people from staying on your website. I had this discussion with a client recently who was determined that it would help, despite my recommendations. Monthy hits dropped from 14,000 to less than 6,000 in the first month and then less than 5,000 in the second month (he was determined that it could work). He finally agreed that it was having a negative affect. Website is already 14,500+ hits this month.

I know of no examples where these things actually work. I can't even think of a scenario where they could potentially work. I've tried to implement this (despite my recommendations NOT to) on 3 different sites now. Every time, there's been nothing but a negative impact on website traffic and user experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Certainly not planning to have these videos start automatically. They get on my wick. We are building a new type of user interface, and are experimenting with a few different ways of providing hep to the user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I have to agree, i clicked onto that website and was off it within about 5 seconds! that video thing is not nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

That example uses old school Flash on a trannied layer/div. Only really useful for localised W/CBT or Broadcast media.

Best bet is just to use the new standard (HTML5VideoApi) which has default toggle controls to go 'fullscreen' on pretty much anything from iphone4 to 27's".
    Just export final render from AEffects/Prem/FCut as .mp4/.ogv/.webm to cover all browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Certainly not planning to have these videos start automatically. They get on my wick. We are building a new type of user interface, and are experimenting with a few different ways of providing hep to the user.

Try walkme.com It provides a layer of instruction/guidance over your site, if required, without being too intrusive. It's not perfect, but pretty easy to setup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement