Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCD monitor resolution for dvd

• 07-12-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

I got a new lcd vga only.SO i,m wondering whats the best resolution for watching dvds from my laptop.LCD IS 22inchs 1680x 1050 resolution,refresh rate on my laptop is 60mhz,should i set res to 720x576 using the powerstrip grahics utility.AT the moment movies look,sharper ,better on my laptop screen ,native res 1200x800.Whats the best refresh rate for dvds,my lcd can go upto 75htz,should i leave it at 60htz.I have read my laptop manual ,it doesnt mention dvds,apart from that the display is great ,in regard to txt,webrowsing.I just changed the brightness to 50percent,it was set at 100,didnt go near any other menus,re contrast/color settings.I understand its a monitor so its designed for txt or gaming display.
    IS there a site that gives advice regarding setting up lcd monitor ,ie changing settings in regard to playing movies on an lcd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Pretty much everything will look better on the screens native resolution, so use 1200x800 for your laptop, 1680x1050 for your LCD monitor. You might might just notice a difference between 60hz and 75hz but most people don't so unless you fancy you can see a difference don't bother changing that.

Are you sure your monitor doesn't have a Movie setting in the menu? If it's new it probably will (even my 3 year old CRT monitor had one), but all it really does is ramps up the brightness and turns up the contrast a little, so if your monitor really doesnt have a movie setting than just do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Yeah, it has a movie setting, movie,select, internet select , i set it to movie ,i can see no improvement, i,m saying movies look,sharper ,clearer on laptop screen,i,m not saying movies look bad on the lcd.ILL try dvd on the full res at 75mhtz,theres maybe a 5percent difference in quality between lcd versus laptop screen.IM curious what resolution other users use for sd dvds on a hd lcd ,or do they just use it at the standard 1200res ,ie whatever the native lcd resolution is.Since dvds are made to be shown in 720x576 on a standard sd tv.

Advertisement