Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistachio Nuts

Options
  • 05-04-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

i'm snacking away here on some pistachio nuts....are they fattening? Should i stop right now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I think they are so I never eat too many of them. They are lovely though, mmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

YES! All nuts are fattening... But it is a 'good' fat, so if you want to eat some fat during the day. This would be the way to eat it.
    About half of their volume is fat. Does the bag you are eating from not have any nutritional info?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oh no!!! i better stop so...
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just read the nutritional values, or if there are none the values on another pack. Most nuts are over 500kcal per 100g, and over 50% fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

olaola wrote:
    Does the bag you are eating from not have any nutritional info?!

Nope!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Here, this should be some help to you! Yes, they're high in calories and fat, but they're also high in many important minerals and vitamins. Eat them in moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea sometimes i find myself eating the majority of the bag without realising will afterward. Especially when you can get em in Aldi.

Advertisement