Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work crush

Options
  • 30-07-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I started a new job 5 months ago. I get along with everybody I work with, but there is one guy I find the easiest to talk to.
    Ever since a work night out 2 months ago where I got to see a different side of him, we have gotten closer and we talk to each other almost every day during coffee breaks and lunch. He is someone where I can be completely myself around and we are always laughing and I look forward to any opportunity where I can talk to him.
    I found out he is recently single and is casually dating.
    I am really attracted to him and am tempted to casually ask him out for a drink after work.
    I just wanted to get people's general opinions on whether they think I should go for it or to avoid getting involved with someone I work with.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I think if you can ask him out and keep it between the 2 of you then go for it. You are new to the job so the only conversation about you over the water cooler should be how well you are doing the job, not your love life. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Sure the worst he can say is no. But as you say you already have great banter with him so I don't see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭marie12

kat20 wrote: »
    I started a new job 5 months ago. I get along with everybody I work with, but there is one guy I find the easiest to talk to.
    Ever since a work night out 2 months ago where I got to see a different side of him, we have gotten closer and we talk to each other almost every day during coffee breaks and lunch. He is someone where I can be completely myself around and we are always laughing and I look forward to any opportunity where I can talk to him.
    I found out he is recently single and is casually dating.
    I am really attracted to him and am tempted to casually ask him out for a drink after work.
    I just wanted to get people's general opinions on whether they think I should go for it or to avoid getting involved with someone I work with.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

I would prob keep the good friendship. He is only recently single too. And you are colleagues. I would give it more time and see. Do you think he feels the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kat20

marie12 wrote: »
    I would prob keep the good friendship. He is only recently single too. And you are colleagues. I would give it more time and see. Do you think he feels the same?

Yeah I know he is recently single but he has mentioned that he has been on a few dates. It's hard to know there is part of me that thinks he does and then the other that he just sees me as a friend.

Advertisement