Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Scratch Cup

Options
  • 25-07-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Anyone know f this is on next weekend. Date is not on their website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭blackwhite

It's on the bank holiday weekend - practice on Saturday and competition Sunday/Monday.

There's also an Open competition on Tuesday using the same tees/pin positions for us mere hackers to have a go :D

I've sent an email to the office about the dates being missing on the website - you can see it on BRS if you go into the timesheets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Normally go to watch this, but I'm away that weekend. Have a great time if you're there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

blackwhite wrote: »
    It's on the bank holiday weekend - practice on Saturday and competition Sunday/Monday.

There's also an Open competition on Tuesday using the same tees/pin positions for us mere hackers to have a go :D

I've sent an email to the office about the dates being missing on the website - you can see it on BRS if you go into the timesheets though.

Is there an entrants sheet available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Arsenium wrote: »

There's an entry form on the website, but I haven't seen anything beyond that so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Arsenium wrote: »

You need to enter through the website - http://www.mullingargolfclub.com/the-scratch-cup/entry-form/

Also, you pay via paypal; however if you don't have a paypal account, just ring the office and make other arrangements. They'll accommodate you as best they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

SWAR wrote: »
    You need to enter through the website - http://www.mullingargolfclub.com/the-scratch-cup/entry-form/

Also, you pay via paypal; however if you don't have a paypal account, just ring the office and make other arrangements. They'll accommodate you as best they can.

Do you know when the draw is being made?

Do you know when the draw is being made?

I'm told the draw will be published today / tomorrow at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭big_drive

Would a 4 handicap get into this or is there a lower cut off?

big_drive wrote: »
    Would a 4 handicap get into this or is there a lower cut off?

Unfortunately not. There is a waiting list of 15 plus at present, with the approx. cut off at the moment being 1.4 (may even be a bit lower than this).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thats what i wad thinking alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Dont want to drag this off topic but does anyknow how many scratch golfers there are in the GUI

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

levitronix wrote: »
    Dont want to drag this off topic but does anyknow how many scratch golfers there are in the GUI

Watching the Open the other week, I remember one of the commentators saying that there was about 3,000 scratch golfers in the UK. Scaling it down, would that mean there is about 300 scratch golfers in Ireland?

Anyone know if the draw has been made?. Nothing on the website

SWAR wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. There is a waiting list of 15 plus at present, with the approx. cut off at the moment being 1.4 (may even be a bit lower than this).

Draw is up now. Thanks

results for anyone interested :)

http://www.mullingargolfclub.com/result/mullingar-electrical-scratch-trophy-2014-august-3-4/

Mullingar Electrical Scratch Trophy 2014 – August 3 & 4 - 04-08-2014
    Position Golfer Club Handicap Score

Position|Golfer|Club|Handicap|Score
    Winner|Geoff Lenehan|Portmarnock||215 (playoff)
    Runner up|Daniel Holland (Holder)|Castle||215 (countback)
    Third|John-Ross Galbraith|Whitehead||215
    Fourth|Aaron Grant|Dundalk||216
    Fifth|Mark Shanahon|Castlemartyr||218
    Sixth|Stephen Healy|Carton House||218

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Rikand wrote: »

Position|Golfer|Club|Handicap|Score
    Sixth|Stephen Healy|Carton House||218

Thanks. Interesting, when did Stephen Healy move to Carton House, thought he was always Claremorris?

it was pretty recent alright. been a lot of that going on in the last few years amongst the lower handicap golfers

Advertisement