Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport to Clones

Options
  • 03-07-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hope some of ye might be able to help me out.

is there a way to get from Dublin to Clones using Public Transport? i need to get to Clones for 10am on a weekday, and want to avoid an overnight.

Bus Eireann wont guarantee a connection in Cavan.

is there any local buses from monaghan town, which is weel served?

would a taxi from monahan to clones cost much?

thanks.

Will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭bedirect

no bus taxi would be about 20 euros, cie dublin to monaghan bus depot

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Just saw post now so perhaps this suggestion is too late.

M-F inclusive option:

Bus Éireann route 109 at 06.15 from Dublin Busáras (also stops at Mater Hospital, Phibsboro, Halfway House, Blanchardstown etc...)
    Arrives Cavan Bus Station 08.20

Depart Cavan Bus Station 09.00 Bus Éireann route 162 (Monaghan bus)
    Arrive Clones 09.30

(Bus Éireann recommend 45 minutes for connections but short of some massive incident en route there is no reason why this option wouldn't be possible by a comfortable large margin). Dinkin's Bakery-coffee shop will be open in Cavan station. If buying a through Dublin-Clones ticket ensure the driver of the Cavan to Clones service doesn't accidentally stamp the return portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

thanks mate, not too late at all. i rang bus eireann a while back about that connection and the lady on the phone told me that the bus is usually delayed getting into cavan and it would be very tight to make the connection.

i asked could they not hold the connection to make sure, and she said bus eireann dont' do that!

thanks though, well worth a look to see if i can make it though.

Will.

Advertisement